Rotating seat for new GT

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
I think I have invented something useful for the new GT. I purchased a rotating bucket seat, Cabelas # 1K-465906 and adapted it to the seat on the GT. You can remove the bottom cushion and attach this rotating seat to it. I had a fabricator make some brackets to bolt it down to the floor. There is a loss of headroom, so people taller than 5 foot ten inches will have problems. You can rotate the seat bottom to sit down in the car then it is much easier to swing your body around and get your feet into the footwell. It also makes egress much easier since your torso rotates the whole seat bottom and you are not fighting the friction of the fabric. I will post pictures in a while.

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
And you installed this on April 1st eh?

Vince H

Reactions: Ed Sims

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
April 1st or not, doing something like that would be great - assuming there's actually ROOM for the seat to pivot in place...and I have serious doubts about that.

I recall pivoting seats being featured on Chryslers and DeSotos waaay back when dinosaurs roamed...'might have been available on other brands as well...I don't recall.

Simon

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 19, 2013
Houston

Reactions: Ed Sims

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Yeeeup. There ya go.

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
I went with the fully reclineable seat with vibration... it automatically moves the engine to the right so the seat can fully recline.

Reactions: PL510*Jeff

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
Frank maybe we can make a deal... one of them high hanging wenches for your rotating bucket