Rattle problem cured

djimenez

GT Owner
Aug 18, 2006
Mexico
Hi guys,

This is my second post, and I would like to take the opportunity to introduce myself. My name is David Jimenez, I live in mexico and I'm the happy owner of a white no sripes 06 GT.

I've made a few mods in the first 2 weeks of ownership. Black sidemirrors, black stripes instead of blue, titanium colored BBS wheels, painted black the center vents from the rear clamshell, black front air ducts, black inner side vents only from behind the grill (didnt look good in white, too low rent) and finally decided to paint again in mate black the trapezoids from the front hood taht function as airextractors for the front radiators. Before I get some bashing for this, in the 60;s Ford used to paint them this way. in all honesty it look awsome. Accufab x-pipe And Finally removed the rear bumper.

But going back into topic. I found the source for some of the rattles inside the car. The first one comes form the 2 sidepanels of the center console. I removed them and added a single sided foam tape allong the lower edge, this way it gets some extra support and prevents it from rattling.

I still had some rattles coming form I didnt know where, in my desperation I decided to take a look at the underside of the car. Guess what I found? the rear ground effects tunnel is made of several pieces, one of them being a flat metal piece that makes the flat underside, well this piece of metal touches in some areas the chassis and body parts. In fact if you hit it from behind you will hear it rattles, I never thought it would be to blame because it to far behind. I decided to remove it, add some silicone to the areas I believed were touching metal to metal. Ialso did the same thing to other metal panels underneath the car. And VOILA! NO MORE RATTLES when going over small road imperfections and when revving.

Hope this info is usefull to someone.

David

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
Hola David, welcome to the board and thanks for the heads up.
I for one would like to see some pics of what the rear of your car looks like without the bumper and with the Accufab pipes!

satx

Aug 25, 2005
Dana Point
pics or ban!

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
Release the hounds! :lol