Rally IX Vegas: Anyone up for Cars and Coffee on Saturday morning?

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
After meeting Robert today at the C&C, I thought about this...

Without a schedule posted for Saturday's activities, and since C&C starts at 7:00 (maybe 7:30 by then) how about meeting there for an hour or so before the day's activities? I'm sure I could get the organizer to rope off a section if we knew some Ford GTs were going to show up but I'd have to let him know in advance. I'm an early bird so I would probably go down anyway to kick off the day's activities.

I found out today the local Porsche dealer has TWO Porsche 918s on the showroom floor. One is the owner and the other was ordered but the deal may be falling through. I'm going to try to find time to go over and take some pictures...

(Maybe it's already part of the plan... If not I would be happy to help organize.)

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
No Rally schedule posted for Saturday, because the Rally is over. A bit confusing...the Registration thread says "October 14-18"...but I believe the only "event" on the 18th is to check out of the hotel.

A Post-Rally Rally will be headed to Boulder City, departure time TBD.

I'm interested in the C&C. Where is it?

Last edited:

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
No Rally schedule posted for Saturday, because the Rally is over. A bit confusing...the Registration thread says "October 14-18"...but I believe the only "event" on the 18th is to check out of the hotel.

I've done it both ways, listing the day it ends and the day after. Whenever I list the actual end date, without fail we end up with people without a room for the night we close the show with a party that often ends up going into the wee hours of the next morning.

I don't know what time we'll be done on Friday night, but by prior year precedent and the fact it's in Vegas, it's gonna be a late night. I believe in 08 I walked into the elevator with Hermann Salenbach at about 3 AM.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV

A Post-Rally Rally will be headed to Boulder City, departure time TBD.

I'm interested in the C&C. Where is it?

Gotcha! Well, since the official part of the Rally is over and then a side trip to Boulder City, maybe that could depart from the C&C lot?

The location of C&C is at South Eastern Ave at Serene Ave. If you need a "google map" point look for Twin Peaks restaurant.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I've done it both ways, listing the day it ends and the day after. Whenever I list the actual end date, without fail we end up with people without a room for the night we close the show with a party that often ends up going into the wee hours of the next morning.

I don't know what time we'll be done on Friday night, but by prior year precedent and the fact it's in Vegas, it's gonna be a late night. I believe in 08 I walked into the elevator with Hermann Salenbach at about 3 AM.

Ahh, I get the point. Some might just want to party Fri PM and veg out Sat AM, especially if it is an afternoon flight. It certainly is going to be easy to burn the midnight oil here.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
I would think it best to not even go to sleep Saturday night. Stay up & go to the C&C. They'll have coffee there!

Ed

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
^^^ Or, you could share a lobby sofa with RALPHIE.

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
^^^ Or, you could share a lobby sofa with RALPHIE.

I believe Camilo has been known to enjoy the ambiance the Mandalay Bay elevator as well. :lol

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
The location of C&C is at South Eastern Ave at Serene Ave. If you need a "google map" point look for Twin Peaks restaurant.

IDK if I can make it, but Twin Peaks restaurant ("sports pub with scantily clad waitresses") is shown on Google maps at E Sahara Ave, not Serene Ave.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
IDK if I can make it, but Twin Peaks restaurant ("sports pub with scantily clad waitresses") is shown on Google maps at E Sahara Ave, not Serene Ave.

That's not the right one. It's on South Eastern Ave, but try Richmar (about two blocks south). The address is 9510 South Eastern Ave. There is also a BJ's restaurant/brew pub next to it. I'll be leaving in 10-15 minutes.