question for you guys

David Gencay

GT Owner
Apr 23, 2006
what does the owners manual say the top speed is for the gt is it the same as the articles in books or is one greater than the other thanks Dave

FORDGT001

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2005
I am not sure the owners manual says what the Top speed is. Here is a top speed comparison.
http://www.stangbangers.com/05_FordGTvsFerrariEnzoVsPorscheCarreraGT_Article.htm

analogdesigner

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 15, 2005
San Clemente, CA USA
David Gencay said:
what does the owners manual say the top speed is for the gt is it the same as the articles in books or is one greater than the other thanks Dave
Hi Dave,

I have heard that the car is "certified" to go 205 MPH, NOT limited to 205 as rumored in the past. I have had mine up to 165 in 4th gear and it keeps on pulling hard! I will look at the owner's manual concerning this tonight.

One of 19 in Germany had run his "WFO" for 5 minutes on the Autobahn and momentarily "buried" the speedo on a stock GT.

I just bought the new Motor Trend mag today. It's sort of a "bang vs. bucks" comparison among the various cars.

Jay
P.S. I spoke with Steve J. today...

analogdesigner

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 15, 2005
San Clemente, CA USA
FORDGT001 said:
I am not sure the owners manual says what the Top speed is. Here is a top speed comparison.
http://www.stangbangers.com/05_FordGTvsFerrariEnzoVsPorscheCarreraGT_Article.htm
Thanks for the info! Jay

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 14, 2005
south FL
I think there's a Cuban ( or so we think) saying that goes like something like this-- "Dime con quien tu andas, y te dire quien tu eres." Loosely translated to mean -show me with whom you hold company and I'll tell you who you are. Perfect for this article. Thanks for sharing the article.

Manny #1418

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
analogdesigner said:
Hi Dave,

I have heard that the car is "certified" to go 205 MPH, NOT limited to 205 as rumored in the past. I have had mine up to 165 in 4th gear and it keeps on pulling hard! I will look at the owner's manual concerning this tonight.

One of 19 in Germany had run his "WFO" for 5 minutes on the Autobahn and momentarily "buried" the speedo on a stock GT.

I just bought the new Motor Trend mag today. It's sort of a "bang vs. bucks" comparison among the various cars.

Jay
P.S. I spoke with Steve J. today...

Jay, I was at GRC performance in So. County and saw him open the computer program with my own eyes. The 205 limit is there. There are also some Tq limits built into the program as well.

92NSX

Mar 22, 2006
SteveA said:
Jay, I was at GRC performance in So. County and saw him open the computer program with my own eyes. The 205 limit is there. There are also some Tq limits built into the program as well.

Those tq #'s must be high since a local car here running TT is hitting ~800 lb ft. Then again, they may've tapped into the OEM PCM and changed it.

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
92NSX said:
Those tq #'s must be high since a local car here running TT is hitting ~800 lb ft. Then again, they may've tapped into the OEM PCM and changed it.

I have to believe that they have gone way through the computer on that monster.