Please help with torque spec for blower?

everetto

GT Owner
Sep 4, 2006
Desert Southwest
Will someone who owns a service manual kindly provide the proper torque spec for the bolts which secure the blower to the intake (I know, eventually I will get around to purchasing the manuals)? Thanks in advance!

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
file attached

E, here is what I found. Check your E-mail account as I sent the whole installation section. Good luck with the KB!

NOTE: Install a new gasket.

Position the supercharger gasket on the lower intake manifold dowels.
Position the supercharger and install the bolts. Tighten the bolts in the sequence shown in 2 stages.
Stage 1: Tighten to 2 Nm (18 lb-in).
Stage 2: Tighten to 25 Nm (18 lb-ft).

Attachments

• S5T~us~en~file=A0088902_gif~gen~ref.gif
    S5T~us~en~file=A0088902_gif~gen~ref.gif
    12.6 KB · Views: 171
Last edited:

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
everetto said:
Will someone who owns a service manual kindly provide the proper torque spec for the bolts which secure the blower to the intake (I know, eventually I will get around to purchasing the manuals)? Thanks in advance!

Love to see a dyno pull when your work is done, I would expect you to touch
700hp with luck...

everetto

GT Owner
Sep 4, 2006
Desert Southwest
A great big thank-you to Mike for sending me that section of the service manual via email! Perfect, and just what I needed!

Thanks for the encouragement guys! 700HP would be awesome - not sure if I will immediately go to the smallest pulley in the kit. A friend here on the forum has this KB setup (along with some other goodies) and he made 688 RWHP on the next-to-smallest pulley, so 700 might be possible with the small one.

Everything is "apart" and all I need to do is lift off the SC, but for one guy alone I think it is asking for trouble, so I will have to have my brother stop by to help out. Will update soon... thanks again!

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
everetto said:
A great big thank-you to Mike for sending me that section of the service manual via email! Perfect, and just what I needed!

Thanks for the encouragement guys! 700HP would be awesome - not sure if I will immediately go to the smallest pulley in the kit. A friend here on the forum has this KB setup (along with some other goodies) and he made 688 RWHP on the next-to-smallest pulley, so 700 might be possible with the small one.

Everything is "apart" and all I need to do is lift off the SC, but for one guy alone I think it is asking for trouble, so I will have to have my brother stop by to help out. Will update soon... thanks again!

Are you running 91 octaine or 93? I think that will make a big dif..

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
93 octane is hard to find in CA, but I did find two stations one in Redwood City and another in San Jose that has 100 octane unleaded though, but that keeps the GT on a short tether.

BlackICE

MAD IN NC

Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
OK- It's been four hr's.

If it was me and after three Sapphire and Tonics I'd feel like Superman!

You have to get the SC off the studs then you can move it. Do the Dr. Pikul - stradel the engine and yank it off (actually Frank was sitting on the SC hooking up the truly original "nuclear light" in Detroit) but you can do it E.

Good Luck!

everetto

GT Owner
Sep 4, 2006
Desert Southwest
I easily got the SC free, and can lift either end off the locating dowels, but thought I might tear something up if I have trouble lifting it by myself - definitely not going to risk anything. My brother can't come by until tomorrow so I guess I will continue on this project tomorrow.

The only fuel I can get in my area is 91 at the service stations and 101 Trick unleaded at a specialty place. Sometimes I mix the two to get the desired octane. Right now I have 50/50 in the tank which would put me about 96 octane. Because I am at 5300 feet altitude I can get away with lower octane, so even when I go with the pulley that calls for 93-94 octane I am guessing the 91 may still be OK, although I won't take any chances.

While I have the car up and the subwoofer out I will be installing the Ford Racing shifter which has been sitting on the bench for a month, and I will change the oil also, so it will take most of tomorrow I am guessing.

MAD IN NC

Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
The Short Shifter

watch the two "pin's connecting the ball to the socket" on the short shofter. The older you get - the harder they are to put on! I need Lasik!

Last edited:

everetto

GT Owner
Sep 4, 2006
Desert Southwest
Finally drove the car today....

I finally got to drive the car today for the first time since the mods. I took on several tasks during this downtime, then the weather turned bad, so today was the first time to drive the car. Recall that I removed the SC, took it apart, installed the KB drive system, swapped the pulley to the 2.75, installed the Ford Sport Shifter, and changed the oil.

The car is much stronger and I think traction will be a problem. In the current configuration it is making at least 3 lbs more boost than stock - note at my altitude we typically make about 2 lbs less boost than at sea level. There is a bit more blower whine, which I like. The car is still very driveable, with lots of torque. Boost comes on very quickly. (I know, all you guys with pulleys already know this stuff!) I probably won't get the car on a dyno until after the new year - maybe not until early spring. I will report back on the results. For now the "seat of the pants" dyno is all I have, and I like it!

The shifter is nice too, as others here have reported. Short throw, nice shifts, nice gates. I thought it was going to be harder to shift than stock while the transaxle is cold, but it was not bad - not really any worse than stock actually. I like it.

I only made one drive today, and I hope to drive more over the weekend to get to know the new-found power better. I will have to look for some wide open spaces...