Piloti GT at the Long Beach Grand Prix '08

HeritageBruce

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 13, 2006
Southern CA
As you probably know by now, the Piloti GT ran in the ALMS at Long Beach this past weekend and finished the race. It started from dead last but passed a few cars during the course of one hour and forty minutes. I was sitting close to the start/finish line and could see that the car was way down on power. But the car is showing lots of potential and from talking to driver David Murry, they solved the over-heating issue by doubling the plumbing to the front to balance out coolant flow to and from the engine bay and with new heat exchangers, there're no more heating issues.
Here's a couple of clips we took at the race:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UpFNV1hI0Es

I tried the embed function from youtube but couldn't get it to work, maybe it is getting late....

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
I saw it whippin around some turns....looked better than all the other cars

Midnite Blu

GT Owner #755
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 14, 2005
Southern California
Great Look

I saw it whippin around some turns....looked better than all the other cars

Great looking race car. Need speed.......................

Attachments

• CIMG2321.jpg
    CIMG2321.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 211
  • CIMG2322-1.jpg
    CIMG2322-1.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 211
  • CIMG2336-1.jpg
    CIMG2336-1.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 211
  • CIMG2334.jpg
    CIMG2334.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 211

conundrum

GT Owner
Feb 7, 2007
Kentucky
As you probably know by now, the Piloti GT ran in the ALMS at Long Beach this past weekend and finished the race. It started from dead last but passed a few cars during the course of one hour and forty minutes. I was sitting close to the start/finish line and could see that the car was way down on power. But the car is showing lots of potential and from talking to driver David Murry, they solved the over-heating issue by doubling the plumbing to the front to balance out coolant flow to and from the engine bay and with new heat exchangers, there're no more heating issues.
Here's a couple of clips we took at the race:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UpFNV1hI0Es

I tried the embed function from youtube but couldn't get it to work, maybe it is getting late....

I don't get it. It is clearly down on power yet I understand it is running some big restrictors. When will the formula adjust and cut the restrictors back?

PIRAEUS

Jun 23, 2007
Virginia
I don't get it. It is clearly down on power yet I understand it is running some big restrictors. When will the formula adjust and cut the restrictors back?

No doubt. I'm eager for the same.

I'll be checking in with the team in GA this week, after the Mitty, you just reminded me of a major question for an interview.

I'm still hoping to see one of these cars run unrestricted...
-johnny