Piccola sez "normal"

K-P Garage

GT Owner
Sep 12, 2005
Longwood, Florida
Piccola and I were just discussing "mods" to an already near perfect car. She has declared that GTs without mods are "normal" not stock.

Piccola

GT aficionado
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 17, 2006
Grand Junction, CO
should "stock" GTs be called "normal" GTs?

K-P Garage said:
Piccola and I were just discussing "mods" to an already near perfect car. She has declared that GTs without mods are "normal" not stock.

Ah, K-P... Your memory is going. You must be getting old. :wink During the conversation I said, "your GTs are just stock, right?" And you got all bent out of shape. Then you went on to tell me that "stock" GTs should be called "normal". Let's try it out. "You have 2 'normal' GTs." Hmmm... Just doesn't sound right! A GT (even stock) is far beyond "normal", including those candy cane looking ones like Dr. Pikul, you, & GTJoey have. :biggrin

That brings us to the heritage, which is definitely not "normal" (stock or otherwise). They are the fastest of the GTs & by far the most incredible, which explains why everyone seems to be adding them as their 2nd GT. :thumbsup ALL GT's are incredible cars, modified or stock!

What do you guys think? Should we refer to the non-modified ones as "normal" GTs?

Piccola

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
piccola said:
Ah, K-P... Your memory is going. You must be getting old. :wink During the conversation I said, "your GTs are just stock, right?" And you got all bent out of shape. Then you went on to tell me that "stock" GTs should be called "normal". Let's try it out. "You have 2 'normal' GTs." Hmmm... Just doesn't sound right! A GT (even stock) is far beyond "normal", including those candy cane looking ones like Dr. Pikul, you, & GTJoey have. :biggrin

That brings us to the heritage, which is definitely not "normal" (stock or otherwise). They are the fastest of the GTs & by far the most incredible, which explains why everyone seems to be adding them as their 2nd GT. :thumbsup ALL GT's are incredible cars, modified or stock!

What do you guys think? Should we refer to the non-modified ones as "normal" GTs?

Piccola

The heritage car is so fast that at the factory they tried to build 200 and 358 came out. DOH!!!

cobrajeff

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 5, 2006
Daytona Beach
"Normal" GT's

Piccola -

You must have forgot about the special 'lightweight" models (like Bony's) without the stripes? :willy

Jeff

SLF360

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
I think modified is pretty 'normal' here ! :biggrin :biggrin :biggrin

So K-P, I'd say you have two slower than normal GT's. - How is that, well, sounds not nice, sorry. :ack
Now I have it: You have two stock-normal GT's ! :lol

Sorry for pulling your leg... I just had to. But you are a stock normal lucky guy, because you have two !

Stefan :devil

Spirit

Heritage GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
piccola said:
........That brings us to the heritage, which is definitely not "normal" (stock or otherwise). They are the fastest of the GTs & by far the most incredible, which explains why everyone seems to be adding them as their 2nd GT. :thumbsup Piccola
You Go Girl!!:cool
Tell 'em like it is.:thumbsup
My kinda woman. :wink
:banana

Spirit

Heritage GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Silverbullitt said:
The heritage car is so fast that at the factory they tried to build 200 and 358 came out. DOH!!!
Bullitt,
Glad you have finally accepted it.:usa
:banana Heritage:banana Heritage:banana

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
I had an engineer working for me who understands drag force and wind resistance give a readout on a two tone car versus a four color car (Blue, orange, white and black) and took into account the "stickers" and the extra paint, TAPE etc and came to the conclusion that the Heritage is 1.2 mi slower on the quarter mi. :bs But he did say it looked great.

Bony is right - a car with no stripe not only weighs less but is faster due to surface drag! :banana

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
Normal / Stock

I think this means all GT's that don't have a Gurney Bubble or over 720 RWHP. Mine is far from normal :rofl :banana

Spirit

Heritage GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
MAD IN NC said:
I had an engineer working for me who understands drag force and wind resistance give a readout on a two tone car versus a four color car (Blue, orange, white and black) and took into account the "stickers" and the extra paint, TAPE etc and came to the conclusion that the Heritage is 1.2 mi slower on the quarter mi. :bs But he did say it looked great.

Bony is right - a car with no stripe not only weighs less but is faster due to surface drag! :banana
MAD,
I see you said that you "had" an engineer working for you. I understand some of those darn "slide rule" guys always got to try to prove a point, don't they?:frown
I have it from 2 VERY good sources that the Heritage is the fastest:
Both Mrs. Spirit & Piccola; now that's a combination I sure don't want to argue with.:rolleyes
I do agree with Bony's contention about the weight issue: these 'Special' 4 colored cars do in fact weight more; however due to the colors working in such an efficient and harmonious manner, they actually do create much less drag and aerodynamic friction along with the most important factor of all, increased down force. Furthermore, if the Heritage runs a Black Bra, they are even faster due to the air spliting improvement created and the sun light absorbtion properties.
:eek What the heck did I just say?:confused
What was this thread about anyway?:willy

Spirit

Heritage GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Awsum GT said:
I think this means all GT's that don't have a Gurney Bubble or over 720 RWHP. Mine is far from normal :rofl :banana
Awsum,
Now I really am jealous.:cheers

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
Spirit said:
MAD,
I have it from 2 VERY good sources that the Heritage is the fastest:
Both Mrs. Spirit & Piccola; now that's a combination I sure don't want to argue with.:rolleyes

I do agree with Bony's contention about the weight issue: these 'Special' 4 colored cars do in fact weight more; however due to the colors working in such an efficient and harmonious manner, they actually do create much less drag and aerodynamic friction along with the most important factor of all, increased down force. Furthermore, if the Heritage runs a Black Bra, they are even faster due to the air spliting improvement created and the sun light absorbtion properties.

:eek What the heck did I just say?:confused
What was this thread about anyway?:willy

:rofl Spirit - that post made my morning! Sorry about contesting Mrs. Spirit and Piccola claim :rofl

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Spirit said:
Awsum,
Now I really am jealous.:cheers

You know I don't get a thrill removing a white bra, is it different on a black bra? :lol

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Both you guys should try removing the SEXY RED BRA!

Spirit

Heritage GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
bony said:
You know I don't get a thrill removing a white bra, is it different on a black bra? :lol
OH YEA! :biggrin
Change to BLACK!:wink
Not only will your life become more thrilling, but more FUN as well.:banana
"FAST & FUN", the true motto of a GT Owner. :thumbsup

Spirit

Heritage GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
fjpikul said:
Both you guys should try removing the SEXY RED BRA!
Frank,
I must admit that there is something alluring about a red bra.:rolleyes
However, those white stripes your wear, are just a little strange without the blue fringe you cut off.:eek
:usa

SLF360

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Spirit said:
Frank,
I must admit that there is something alluring about a red bra.:rolleyes
However, those white stripes your wear, are just a little strange without the blue fringe you cut off.:eek
:usa

I am more on the 'observant side lines ' on this thread, fully trust Bony to control the situation, as usually.
... as long as you don't start discussing the (eventual) joy of someone taking off yellow bras with black stripes.... :lol

In that sense, I would also prefer white stripes over red ones :rofl

..back to Captain Bony, get me out of here ! :bow

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
SLF360 said:
I am more on the 'observant side lines ' on this thread, fully trust Bony to control the situation, as usually.
... as long as you don't start discussing the (eventual) joy of someone taking off yellow bras with black stripes.... :lol

In that sense, I would also prefer white stripes over red ones :rofl

..back to Captain Bony, get me out of here ! :bow

see the way this thread is going, I better roll up my sleves and rip off my bra
for a banzai run :lol :banana :lol