Parts Update/trivia Quiz

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Well as most of you know im starting early on storing parts ect, including on the shelf stock parts. 1st trivia quiz, for future knowledge.
WHO MAKES THE AMBER AND RES DIDE MARKER LIGHTS ON THE GT?

GIVE UP? , WELL FOR TRIVIAL PURSUIT FANS THE ANSWER IS , IT COMES IN A FORD BOX , SELLS AS A FORD STOCK ITEM , HAS ITS OWN PART NUMBER BUT!!!! ITS LAND ROVER!!!!! YES NOT THAT IT MATTERS IN TODAYS GLOBAL WORLD, BUT I ORDERED 2 SETS OF EACH LIGHT FROM 92 NSX, IN THE FORD BOX,THE BIILOF SALE FROM FORD ECT. AND ON THE PLASTIC BASE ITS MOLDED LAND ROVER :biggrin . I just hope its not LUCAS WIRING IN THAT THING!!!!! :biggrin Dont laugh , when 10 years go bye and your looking for one just call, instead of the 20 something dollars i paid, i will gladly sell it to you for a small 4000 percent increase :biggrin ONLY KIDDING , IM JUST HORDING THIS STUFF AS ONE OF MY MID LIFE FANTASIES, :willy you know when i have 8 gt s in the barn and i need that new marker light :thumbsup IM READY!! TEE HEE, ENJOY GTJOEY AND LOVING IT. P.S. THANKS BONY AND AWSUM THE PACKAGE IS GOING OUT OVER THE WEEKEND , ciao to mario :thumbsup

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
correction thats, PARTS UPDATE ,AND RED SIDE MARKER ITS ONLY 11 AND IM JUST GETTING HOME FROM WORK :thumbsup

92NSX

Mar 22, 2006
Joey, you crack me up. :rofl

K-P Garage

GT Owner
Sep 12, 2005
Longwood, Florida
Never say Lucas again

Joey- Please never say Lucas again in relation to the GT. I drove a TR through school which accounts for why I work on cars today as a hobby. All things on a TR can be overcome except for Lucas. Afterall, don't you know that the Brits drink warm beer because Lucas makes the fridges? Let us hope your search does not turn up any Lucas parts.KP :thumbsdow

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Last year i went from ny to indy 500 came back, took a shower drove to disney , stayed for a convention and drove back to ny , IN MY E TYPE BABY!!!! THAT WAS MY TURNING 40 MID LIFE CRUISE, 3700 MILES IN LESS THAN 2 WEEKS , I STILL HAVE A BURN MARK ON MY HEEL FROM THE HEAT :biggrin ONLY A BRITISH CAR GUY KNOWS WHAT I MEAN :biggrin Anywho , if i didnt put a gm 1 wire with built in regulator id still be in ohio pushing home from a year and a half ago :biggrin keep smiling gtjoey 1314

dbtgt

One lucky SOB to own a GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 4, 2006
Tulsa, Oklahoma
K-P Garage said:
Joey- Please never say Lucas again in relation to the GT. I drove a TR through school which accounts for why I work on cars today as a hobby. All things on a TR can be overcome except for Lucas. Afterall, don't you know that the Brits drink warm beer because Lucas makes the fridges? Let us hope your search does not turn up any Lucas parts.KP :thumbsdow

KP, I also drove TRs while in school (had 3 of them) and also still like to work on my own cars (now that I don't HAVE TOO in order to get to where I want to go). I loved the cars but hated the chronic Lucas issues. I know how you feel!

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
Lucas is the "prince of darkness". I had a Triumph Spitfire in college. Always jacking with it to keep it running. Didn't learn a lesson and now I own two XKE's (coupe and a roadster). I drive them regularly, but am constantly jiggling wires, connectors and switches to get things to work. Always have a cell phone and a tow rope available! My other Brit car is a 62 Cooper S. The Lucas starter froze up today, so I push started it to get it running and to the shop. What a workout in the Texas heat!
On the other hand, the GT is such a blast to drive, and very reliable. Classic looks and modern mechanicals and electronics. Took a 250 mi. spin yesterday. 90+ degrees on the way home and it ran like a top with no overheating, etc. Once I get the tranny cooler things will be even better. I love the classic looks of old Jags, Healey's, Astons etc, but now appreciate modern reliability and comfort.

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
AMEN. :thumbsup GTJOEY 1314 with 550 and a/c AAANNND LOVING IT! :thumbsup

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
HEY, Lets ruin the orgasm some more , only the CHEAP, BEING DICONTINUED,LAND ROVER FREELANDER MODEL CARRIES THOSE MARKER LIGHTS!!!!!!! NOT EVEN THE RANGE OR DISCOVERY , OUCH! .Oh well when your out boozing it up with the boys at a football game you can strip some off of a freelander and say I OWN A PIECE OF GTFORD BABY!!!!!! :biggrin ENJOY GT JOEY 1314

92NSX

Mar 22, 2006
gtjoey said:
GIVE UP? , WELL FOR TRIVIAL PURSUIT FANS THE ANSWER IS , IT COMES IN A FORD BOX , SELLS AS A FORD STOCK ITEM , HAS ITS OWN PART NUMBER BUT!!!! ITS LAND ROVER!!!!! YES NOT THAT IT MATTERS IN TODAYS GLOBAL WORLD, BUT I ORDERED 2 SETS OF EACH LIGHT FROM 92 NSX, IN THE FORD BOX,THE BIILOF SALE FROM FORD ECT. AND ON THE PLASTIC BASE ITS MOLDED LAND ROVER :biggrin . I just hope its not LUCAS WIRING IN THAT THING!!!!! :biggrin Dont laugh , when 10 years go bye and your looking for one just call, instead of the 20 something dollars i paid, i will gladly sell it to you for a small 4000 percent increase
Guess I need to look at those next time they come in. Always intrigued by trivial things like that. Since those are 'import' parts then that means they have to be more expensive. Maybe if you buy a few more sets from me I can put a deposit down on a GT. :lol

j/k....you know I hook you up. :cheers

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
92nsx, you have been great, im just playing and also am interested in where and what these parts come from. These days no one exspects one off parts, just for cost of buisness ect, but how freelander lights came into play? who knows at least i know theres enough marker lights for all of us :biggrin CALL YOU TOMORROW MY FRIEND AS IM ORDERING THE , SHALL I SAY IT 3RD BRAKE LIGHT AND HOUSING , SIDE VENTS TOO... :biggrin GTJOEY 1314 AND LOVING IT. P.S. IF THE 3RD BRAKE LIGHT IS THE SAME AS MY WIFES 2001 WINDSTAR, ILL ONLY NEED ONE :biggrin .... :thumbsup

92NSX

Mar 22, 2006
gtjoey said:
92nsx, you have been great, im just playing and also am interested in where and what these parts come from. These days no one exspects one off parts, just for cost of buisness ect, but how freelander lights came into play? who knows at least i know theres enough marker lights for all of us :biggrin CALL YOU TOMORROW MY FRIEND AS IM ORDERING THE , SHALL I SAY IT 3RD BRAKE LIGHT AND HOUSING , SIDE VENTS TOO... :biggrin GTJOEY 1314 AND LOVING IT. P.S. IF THE 3RD BRAKE LIGHT IS THE SAME AS MY WIFES 2001 WINDSTAR, ILL ONLY NEED ONE :biggrin .... :thumbsup

I don't think the 3rd light is the same on the Windstar. :rofl
Just call me and give me the go ahead and i'll order the parts we discussed the other day. :thumbsup

dbtgt

One lucky SOB to own a GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 4, 2006
Tulsa, Oklahoma
gtjoey said:
HEY, Lets ruin the orgasm some more , only the CHEAP, BEING DICONTINUED,LAND ROVER FREELANDER MODEL CARRIES THOSE MARKER LIGHTS!!!!!!! NOT EVEN THE RANGE OR DISCOVERY , OUCH! .Oh well when your out boozing it up with the boys at a football game you can strip some off of a freelander and say I OWN A PIECE OF GTFORD BABY!!!!!! :biggrin ENJOY GT JOEY 1314

Hey Joey,
I hope I can accomplish the "Midnight auto parts" acquisition without scratching someones paint! :eek When I was in school, there were about 4 of us TR owners who would "Bogart" each others headlight trim rings as we were always losing one on the road. The bitch was you usually ran over the SOB when it fell off!!! :ack

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Nothing beats though driving the etype down the road , handling like a dream into the corner, then clink, clink, clink the back surround window chrome flies off the car!!!! like a hoola hoop in the wind :biggrin ENJOY GTJOEY 1314