Orange GT500 with nothing!

scylla6

GT Owner
Mar 17, 2006
Just picked up my 08 GT500, no options, no stripes, no nothing. And no adm either. Been a long time as I ordered it back in June but it was worth it. Really like it. Funny how it makes the Ford GT look small.
Tom

Attachments

• my shelby 022 (Small).jpg
    my shelby 022 (Small).jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 1,499

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
GREAT color! :thumbsup

(Looking at the scenery, my guess is you don't live in Florida?:lol)

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
enjoy, looks great.
merry Christmas

rsvdhd

Permanent Vacation
Oct 6, 2007
Just picked up my 08 GT500, no options, no stripes, no nothing. And no adm either. Been a long time as I ordered it back in June but it was worth it. Really like it. Funny how it makes the Ford GT look small.
Tom

It looks like you must have a garage judging by the cleanliness of the vehicles - but the question is how do you park the GT in the garage after with the snow on the ground? It must be impossible if not difficult??

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
It looks like you must have a garage judging by the cleanliness of the vehicles - but the question is how do you park the GT in the garage after with the snow on the ground? It must be impossible if not difficult??

Take a look at the lower right hand corner of the photo. 'Looks like a garage door belongs there. 'Appears he simply backed both cars out of the garage for the shot. :cheers

rsvdhd

Permanent Vacation
Oct 6, 2007
Ahh yes :) I love *LOVE* the red stripe on the black GT. Where did you get this? Do you have any other pics of this vehicle? I'd like to see more...

ETW

GT Owner
Jan 16, 2006
Looks good! Any pictures of the interior?

KMCBOSS

RED GT owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
Bremerton, Washington
Congrats and welcome to the orange Shelby club! For 2007, only 282 Shelby GT500coupes and 160 Shelby G500 verts were painted grabber orange out of a total production of about 10000 cars. Only a handfull were produced with no stripe. I'm sure the numbers for the 2008 model will be similar.

scylla6

GT Owner
Mar 17, 2006
Hi, thanks for the replys. Tough stuff going on up here but the Shelby made it better. And yes the roads are quite nasty. I had to take the GT out to get the Shelby in so I thought it would be good for a pick. The GT is black no stripe car originally. I made up the red stripes after the 65 LeMans stripes. Thought it looked cool. Showed it at the Greenwich Concours were it won best super car. I've been in that show for years and that was the first time I won anything.
On the stripes I do have a few pair left in red or white if anyone wants any send me an email. They look cool and are NOT expensive. Tom
Merry Christmas!
email; scylla66@yahoo.com

Attachments

• my black gt 056.jpg
    my black gt 056.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 710
  • my black gt 042.jpg
    my black gt 042.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 713

rsvdhd

Permanent Vacation
Oct 6, 2007
Ahh yes, trouble is my car has stripes, so perhaps it wouldn't look right with silver on the top and red on the sides.. :)

KJRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
SoCal
Scylla, welcome to the club! :thumbsup
My garage looks almost the same...but the GT500 is Grabber Orange with the Tungsten stripes and the GT is Midnite Blue Metallic. I agree, the Shelby sure looks tall and big next to the GT.

And I thought I was the only one with no stripes :lol

l_93e3d301c7741d6f399dbf5a4accadd2.jpg

l_7aec23b935c01323ad7fb3bc61a1ecea.jpg

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
killer look Jack :)

86blackwidow

Mar 10, 2008
Ventura,ca
Nice looking cars. Love black gt's.

Jan A. Byrd

GT Owner
Aug 21, 2006
Percy IL
I wonder when and where the production count will be available for the grabber orange 08 GT500s. Here is a photo of my wifes car which is scheduled to be Super Snake 110 later this summer.
IMG_3817.jpg

08GOSuperSnake.jpg

KMCBOSS

RED GT owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
Bremerton, Washington
Not until the end of the production year - probably July. You can then order a certificate of authenticity from Ford that will have the production color breakdown. For 2007 they only made 462 grabber orange Shelbys (coupe and vert). only a handful of coupes had the stripe delete - 16 comes to mind.

snaproll

GT Owner
Dec 3, 2006
Naples, FL
I can sure say that the orange no stripe look is fantastic in my book! The GT500 had really not caught my eye until I saw this thread. Nice choice, guys (and gals). I'm thinking that if I sell the FGT, I will buy an orange, stripper GT500 and my family will be happier too with the back seat.