May 28, 2013
Looking for part number?
I assume this is the issue with my fluxuating oil pressure

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
The Part number is 4G7Z-9D290-AB It is not too expensive either. Remove the rear pan and then the mid pan. The sending unit is near the bottom of the oil filer assembly. You'll get about 1/2 cup of oil out when you remove the old one. Be ready with the new one to go in. I like to use teflon tape for sealing. Be careful not to over-tighten.

PM me if you need any help.

ALMSBOB

GT Owner
May 28, 2013
Thanks for the help.
I will order one on Monday.
Am I correct in thinking this may be the issue of the fluxuating oil pressure? Car has only 3,200 mi.

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
If gauge is moving "fluidly" but all over the place then best case is the sending unit. However, if the gauge needle is "sticky" then I'm afraid you may have a bad gauge. The sending unit is an inexpensive good try.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I'm happy to say that all of my gauges survived another day :)

ALMSBOB

GT Owner
May 28, 2013
The needle is moving fluidly, so I will report in after replacing the sending unit
Thank you !

SSRob

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 9, 2012
Oklahoma
Sending unit fixed my erratic gauge.

jcthorne

GT Owner
Aug 30, 2011
Houston
Just FYI, this is one of the parts readily available at local auto parts. Wells, Standard and Napa all repackage the same TRW switch that Motorcraft does in their own boxes. Likely others too. Its used on a number of cars, not GT specific.

Nafod

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Thanks for the help.
I will order one on Monday.
Am I correct in thinking this may be the issue of the fluxuating oil pressure? Car has only 3,200 mi.

I would also check the oil pump drive belt and pulleys since you have the two belles pans off. .Probably a sending unit, but others have had the pulley fail.. Most check this item as annual maintenance..