Nth Moto GT build!! Updated power numbers and shop experience.

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
Be careful on the downshifts especially without a double key wayed crank. I had the old 3.3L Whipple with a 3.25" or 3.5" pulley (can't remember what size it was) and 21 psi break on me on a high rpm 4-3 downshift. It sheared the rotor right off the case!!! I got the new 4L Whipple now and no longer do high rpm downshifts as it feels like it would rip the key way off the crank rather than rotor from the case. A 4.5L without a double key wayed crank is flirtin with disaster imo. What size pulley are your running and how much boost are you making?

Last edited:
Reactions: Bbhaynes

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Makes me wonder what ever happened to the Fubar GT project ?
Fubar is still working on it!

Ed

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
We need progress reports!

Reactions: steved57

Bbhaynes

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 8, 2021
Madison, MS
Be careful on the downshifts especially without a double key wayed crank. I had the old 3.3L Whipple with a 3.25" or 3.5" pulley (can't remember what size it was) and 21 psi break on me on a high rpm 4-3 downshift. It sheared the rotor right off the case!!! I got the new 4L Whipple now and no longer do high rpm downshifts as it feels like it would rip the key way off the crank rather than rotor from the case. A 4.5L without a double key wayed crank is flirtin with disaster imo. What size pulley are your running and how much boost are you making?
I believe the pulley is 4.25” and we are running 19 psi on ethanol.

Reactions: Fast Freddy

Bbhaynes

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 8, 2021
Madison, MS
Ok so I just got back from Nth Moto up in Minnesota and wow!! The car is even sexier and badass looking in person. The sound is absolutely glorious. Videos do no justice oh how ridiculously wicked it sounds.

Aaron and his team at Nth Moto did an incredible job. Their attention to detail and passion for cars truly shows. They treat everything like it is their own and it shows. They are so many fine details hidden in this build that truly set it apart from anything else. Once I get the car back home I’ll have to do a full write and share all the nitty gritty details.

Aaron and his team were also so inviting and basically devoted 2 days just to me and going over the car and all details that make it up. Aaron has a wealth of knowledge and his tour of the shop truly shows how they go the extra mile to make everything perfect and work busy as it should. I got the drive the car for around 30 minutes doing some drivability stuff with Aaron and it drives like a dream. Unfortunately I didn’t get any full throttle pulls bc of the weather conditions. Way too cold which made for a dangerous situation if we tried anything stupid.

I know most people won’t go to the extreme like I did but if you are considering doing anything custom or different with your GT I would highly highly recommend them. Great group of guys that take pride in their work and know more about motorsports and the science of how cars actually work than any other shop I have dealt with.

I should have the car back in a couple weeks and Aaron is coming down here to do more testing in warmer weather. Once it’s all complete I’m sure he will do a full write also. Will keep yall updated!

Oh and @Fast Freddy its actually a 4.50” pulley. So it’s massive lol. Makes 19 psi.

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
19 psi from a 4.5" pulley!!! What a beast. 4.5L supercharger is a monster. I bet you are running nice and cool with that E85 too. I would take it to the Texas mile and Florida and run the top speed shootout they have on the runway at the Kennedy space center. Reset all the supercharger records...