No Paint Code

DaCleaner

Dec 7, 2022
Midwest
We have a 2019 Carbon Series GT in orange with exposed carbon stripes.
The door tag does not list a paint code.
We heard the color was blocked by the original owner, could that be why?

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Most likely. I have an educated guess. PM sent.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Reach out to the concierge team. I would think that with proof of ownership, they could get you the color.

BTW your first post, welcome to the forum, and congrats on your new to you NGT

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
If you have the original order sheet it should be on there. Some people paid $25K to lock out their color. Where did it come from?

06VistaBlueGT

Aug 30, 2006
I had a thought (but I'm probably wrong, lol). Since it was a ECP color choice, does the factory add the color code to the VIN sticker or any specific paint label on the car (like Ferrari & Lamborghini do) for any of the ECP cars? I only think this, because my wife owns a 2020 Lotus Evora GT, bought pre-owned. When it was ordered new by Naples Motorsports, they were the #1 Lotus dealer and were able to order a handful of cars in bespoke colors from other manufacturers. They did Porsche colors, Alfa, Audi and Lamborghini colors.

My wife's car is called Violet Metallic Bespoke on the label by Lotus, but it's actually color name is Viola Pasifae, aka Lamborghini Purple (it's freaking awesome). And on all Evora GTs, they put the sticker with the VIN and paint code on the vertical part of the chassis below the passenger rear seat. The carpet isn't attached, so it can be pulled forward to view the tag. When I checked to see what the actual color code of her car was, Lotus left it blank! 😳 VIN is there but no color code 🤷. I just thought maybe they leave this off the ECP cars. Again just a thought. 👍

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
No color ID sticker on a NGT. Aslo not listed on the Monroney sticker, simply states "extended color palette" (and what class 1 2 or 3)

Nafod

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Color code is on the paint example (4x4 square) that was mailed to owners after the ECP color was selected. Not sure if it's a color you can get a touch up kit for from Ford. Paint levels(class) where up to 5 in 2021.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
I got the actual car forms painted in extended palate colors. No 4 x 4. The color was written on each. I could easily compare stripes, etc.

06VistaBlueGT

Aug 30, 2006
No color ID sticker on a NGT. Aslo not listed on the Monroney sticker, simply states "extended color palette" (and what class 1 2 or 3)

What was the difference in the class numbers for extended color palette selections? I always was curious. Thanks. 👍

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Money was the difference.

Reactions: THamonGT

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
What was the difference in the class numbers for extended color palette selections? I always was curious. Thanks. 👍
I do not know for sure, but as Frank says, yes there was $. It had to deal with the complexity of the application of the paint, and likely the cost of the paint. I think generally most colors were a "2" not sure if there were any "1"s, and I think I heard that the Mystichrome was a 3. Was also mentioned above that the numbers expanded to 5?