Next stop for Ford GT in GT3: Monza

conundrum

GT Owner
Feb 7, 2007
Kentucky
I was surprised the Ford GT could win on a tight city course with its long wheel base. Further, the rain couldn't have helped the drivers put down the power.

Anybody else think Monza is a track where the Ford GT should shine?

Midnite Blu

GT Owner #755
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 14, 2005
Southern California
FIAGT 3 @ Monza

I was surprised the Ford GT could win on a tight city course with its long wheel base. Further, the rain couldn't have helped the drivers put down the power.

Anybody else think Monza is a track where the Ford GT should shine?

I think the rain and the Pace car helped at Bucharest with good track position and a little luck. Monza will be a very fast race, weather permiting, and both drivers were concerned that they needed more HP to hold off competion. Matech knows how to race and I feel that they will be ready. It's really great seeing the GTs compete and when the year is over I believe we'll be suprised by the results.......GO BLU:thumbsup

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Need groupie gear!!

Hey, I can't properly cheer on the Ford GT team without a poster and a T-shirt. Might even need a jacket. Is anybody selling Ford GT3 racing stuff??

Chip

canibl

GT Owner
Nov 22, 2005
Sacramento, Cali
It should be a bit tough to win at Monza since currently the GT is down on power compared to the Vipers and Z06s.

conundrum

GT Owner
Feb 7, 2007
Kentucky
It should be a bit tough to win at Monza since currently the GT is down on power compared to the Vipers and Z06s.

What type of engine mods are allowed in GT3? Anybody know?

AZGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Scottsdale, AZ.
Hey, I can't properly cheer on the Ford GT team without a poster and a T-shirt. Might even need a jacket. Is anybody selling Ford GT3 racing stuff??

Chip

The guys at GTTV (Kutter-Doran) had some marketing stuff.

canibl

GT Owner
Nov 22, 2005
Sacramento, Cali
What type of engine mods are allowed in GT3? Anybody know?
GT3 cars are mostly stock with low tech mods to keep the cost down. I couldn't find any info on our BELOVED FGT GT3 but here's some info on the Dodge Viper
http://www.fiagt3.com/cars.php?car=Viper Coupe
and the Corvette Z06
http://www.fiagt3.com/cars.php?car=Z06

PHXGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 11, 2005
Phoenix, AZ
Does anyone know if they are racing with the super charger or did they swap to turbos? I coulld not find any specs on the Matech site.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
I contacted the team about wearables and here is the reply I got, some neat pictures on this site:-
Dear Mr. Bonyhadi,

As we are a quite young team and our priority for the time being is to make
the cars run (and possibly win), we did not yet have the time to produce any
merchandising items. We will however remedy to this in the course of the
summer. Meanwhile you can find some pictures free of rights on the following
website: www.letihon.be. Go to "Media Center" and enter PIN code: 1212

Yours Sincerely,

MATECH RACING TEAM
SWITZERLAND

Midnite Blu

GT Owner #755
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 14, 2005
Southern California
Monza, Sat. & Sun.

First practice Sat. 3:25 am PDT, 2nd practice 6:05 am, qualifying 10:10 am all on Sat. 6/23/07.......First race 1 hr. Sun. 3 am PDT, second race 1 hr. 8:30 am PDT Sun. Live timing and scoring from FIA GT website. No live TV:thumbsdow ..Should be very interesting to see if Matech has the horses for the high speed Monza track. GO BLU

Attachments

• Swiss Pit lo res.jpg
    Swiss Pit lo res.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 170
  • Silverstone Lo Res.jpg
    Silverstone Lo Res.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 173
  • Pace Car.jpg
    Pace Car.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 174
Last edited: