New Porsche Turbo in Nov C&D

djs

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 7, 2007
The latest Car and Driver tested a variety of super cars in latest issue, with the Porsche Turbo S, not the GT2, turning in some UNBELIEVABLE acceleration times. 0-60 2.7 seconds. 0-100 6.4 seconds. Quarter mile 10.8@. 129 mph. These times are as fast or faster than the GT2 that has 80+hp and weighs 300 lbs less. Ringer?

DoctorV8

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 28, 2006
Houston
While a ringer is certainly possible, the numbers are believable, given the AWD/PDK/launch control combination. No way a RWD/6 speed GT2 (or ZR1 for that matter) can hang from a dig....now from an 80 mph roll...the results may be a bit different....

Gulf GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 9, 2006
California
EVO (best car magazine in the world) has been talking about this car for a few months. It's a rocket, and according to them they have tested it multiple times, it's faster than just about anything out of the hole. But after the first 50-60mph lots of things pass it up. Launch sounds like a likely possibility.

Last edited:

Team Jeff

GT Owner
Sep 8, 2007
WOW! That's some serious grip. Can't wait to drive one.

ViperJoe

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 17, 2006
Washington Crossing, PA
Just looked at one at Princeton Porsche (NJ). Awesome car. IMO, the near $200k pricetag suggests a price-value imbalance. Again strictly IMO.

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
I saw a new 911 Turbo S in my local dealership. Nice looking car, with impressive stats. Still looks pretty similar to me as most of the 911s out there, however with a sticker price of $169k.
At that price, would take another GT personally or TT R8.

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
They are awesome cars, but WAY over priced. These will fall in price drastically within 12 months IMO