New BBS OPTION REARS FS

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
I have a pair of brand new rear BBS optional wheels for sale. They are no longer available thru the dealer network.
3,300 each plus shipping

Last edited:
Reactions: 2112

GT@50

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 14, 2019
Issaquah
Since editing to "each" and "$3300", I'll have to pass. Not an unfair number, just out of my necessity/cost matrix.
Thanks though.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2112

w.a.nelson

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 29, 2008
Asbury, NJ and Bourne, MA
Don't need rears, but does anyone have a BBS front available?

Or, has any progress ever been made on a satisfactory repaint solution? Not having any luck with local shops coming up with an acceptable color and/or finish match.

Thanks.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Paint can't be matched. Many have tried.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Check eBay.

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
when i refinish them i just do all 4 at once..

KennethClay

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 15, 2012
New York
when i refinish them i just do all 4 at once..
I suppose you could just do two (one side). You'll only see one side at a time and if it's close, most folks would never notice. Unfortunately, I would know. So...I do all four as well.

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
I had a Chrysler Sebring many years ago that lost a hubcap. I couldn't easily find a replacement, so I bought two that were somewhat similar and put them on one side. No one ever noticed that the hubcaps on opposite sides were different. 😁

w.a.nelson

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 29, 2008
Asbury, NJ and Bourne, MA
Thanks for the same side approach method.

I'm sure some have done this and never been noticed at a Rally or show.

That's plan B.

I think I'll try the best match I can get on one, and just do that again. Current match was, I guess, good enough that I've never heard any comments about it at a show by attendees or judges.

Will try e-bay, but always scared about what you might get.

Also, barrel of repainted wheel was not done in full gloss, so that's actually more noticeable than the front side if you look through the spokes, say at brake discs or calipers, which some people do. I'll correct that and may paint all 4 barrels, but I do like to keep things original if possible. The way I look at it now, I have 75% original and 25% not. If I go the 4 at a time route, the I have Zero percent original. Unless I get a used wheel.

Crazy, I know, but that's just the way I am. Been fighting the same emotions with the Pantera for 52 years, and have been pretty damned successful at keeping her original ( 62 years with the wife, but maybe not so well. )

Probably only matters at Pebble Beach, and not going there anytime soon.

Thanks.

Reactions: 69b302