Need Help- Looking at 68 GT 500

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
There is a group of 15 Dallas guys I know heading to all the Scottsdale auctions, and the expectations are for some much more reasonable pricing on musclecars and exotics. Good luck out there !

Car with no stories, and having excellent documentation, will continue to bring top dollars. Car with stories, built for the auction circuit will prove what the market is today. There will still be plenty of folks at B-J who will buy, watch and see.

We all know which cars to watch this week, the GrandSport Vette at Gooding, California Special, the first little Bird etc..

Mullet

FORD GT OWNER
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 21, 2008
Houston Texas
Car with no stories, and having excellent documentation, will continue to bring top dollars. Car with stories, built for the auction circuit will prove what the market is today. There will still be plenty of folks at B-J who will buy, watch and see.

We all know which cars to watch this week, the GrandSport Vette at Gooding, California Special, the first little Bird etc..

California Special? link or lot number please. I have interest considering I own a 390 CS.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Sorry Ferrari California... :)

Mullet

FORD GT OWNER
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 21, 2008
Houston Texas
gotcha

digman1

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 8, 2007
Dallas Texas
I have come to the end of this wild goose chase. The Shelby expert, has multiple Shelby's, and knew his stuff. He did not find an original piece of fiberglass on the car. He showed us how the reproduction stuff is different
from the original molded 'glass. Even the interior had repro roll bar without
retractors, and the console was not original also. In short, he believes it is a clone, probably from a 390 GT.

Marti checked on 2 variations of the VIN and both showed up as errors.

This car looks good, and is probably a fun driver, but not what I am looking for right now. Thanks for all the quick input from the forum, it helped a lot !

phil

dbackg

dbackg
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 28, 2009
Tempe, AZ
Hello Stephen, I am looking at a 68 GT500. If you could share your "check list", I would be very grateful.

Last edited:

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
Hello Stephen, I am looking at a 68 GT500. If you could share your "check list", I would be very grateful. Sincerely, Greg. my email is dbackg@hotmail.com

You might also want to reach out to 'cobrar1339'. He performed a restoration on his making sure that even the 'correct' nuts and screws were used.

Daltondavid

GT Owner
Jun 22, 2007
Garnet Valley, Pa.
68 Shelby info

try www.thecoralsnake.com Pete Disher is one of the foremost authorities on the 1968 Shelby Mustang. his site is updated regularly and full of super interesting facts on these cars.