My temporary GT replacement

Musclecar67

Oct 29, 2006
ROC, his ideas above are spot on. I too know Mustangs (I own a pretty modded 2006 GT, same color scheme as your GT500). I actually have the American Racing Longtube Headers he mentioned above. They are IMHO the BEST set of headers out there! Yes the do cost a little more than Kooks, or Stainless Works, but the quality is just SICK!!! Plus they are the nicest bunch of people. Nick (the president), what a helpful person!. I have the longtubes hooked to their catted H pipe (wanted sound over a few extra ponies) and have the Borla Stingers out back. The sound my car makes at WOT is just INSANE, but when I'm in 5th gear cruising to a show at 70mph, you can barely hear them. The drone with Borlas is between 1,700 and 2,000, and goes away once you pass 2,000. As for sound with the headers, I pulled 104 dbs at a show a month ago (and it was bloody hot too. On a cooler day, I could have gotten REALCLOSE to 110, I know it, lol).

For suspension, Steeda all the way. If you want to change the tune, go with Steeda as well. Whatever you do, STAY FAR AWAY from Evolution Performance!!! They actually got thrown off of ModularFords for how they treated customers who had issues (so that should tell you something). Steeda's setup is fantastic, and will make your car sweet. Good luck with what you decide on. :thumbsup

Thanks for the support 06VistaBlueGt! I talk on modualr fords as well, and YES SLP HAS a GT500 Exhaust Set up here is the proof...(On the left menu forth one down) And KENNY Brown IS UP AND RUNNING his health has improved thank god!

http://www.kennybrown.com/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJaDVtBHpJg

http://www.slponline.com/browse_list.asp

BTW I would def go with American Racing Headers as a step up from SLP, but they are very close! I agree with everything 06vistabluegt said! Gl with everything! When I get my Gt500 im only going with the best so there is my reason for using the products mentioned! ~Rob

Last edited:

gdnctr

Jul 4, 2007
York, PA
Well, I pulled the trigger on a Blue/White GT500 yesterday. I am going to miss my GT, so I had to get the closest thing to her while I recover. So my question is, what are the must have mods to do on this car.

The first thing I want to do is an exhaust. I want loud, deep, and no drone.:biggrin What are you guys doing for suspension? I was looking at some KW coilovers. Since I am new to the GT500, what pointers can you guys give me.

If I may ask, sir, why did you get rid of the GT in favor of the GT500 unit?

Streetability? Practicality?

Recover? From an accident?

I'm getting ready to sell my $10m Garden Center & Nursery, and am getting ready to purchase a GT... is there some wisdom you can impart to me about NOT getting that unit, ROCMAN?

Anything you can offer would be appreciated, sir...

Best,
gdnctr
www.gdnctr.com

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
If I may ask, sir, why did you get rid of the GT in favor of the GT500 unit?

Streetability? Practicality?

Recover? From an accident?

I'm getting ready to sell my $10m Garden Center & Nursery, and am getting ready to purchase a GT... is there some wisdom you can impart to me about NOT getting that unit, ROCMAN?

Anything you can offer would be appreciated, sir...

Best,
gdnctr
www.gdnctr.com

Roc sold his GT due to a back injury he suffered. Nothing was wrong with his car. :cheers

08GT500

Jul 21, 2007
Peoria,Arizona
Roc sold his GT due to a back injury he suffered. Nothing was wrong with his car. :cheers

That is a real shame. I am unhappy because I can't afford a GT but having to sell it after getting one would be worse. I hope this situation works itself out.

ROCMAN

Big Dawg!
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 9, 2006
USA
That is a real shame. I am unhappy because I can't afford a GT but having to sell it after getting one would be worse. I hope this situation works itself out.

Yes, this problem is gonna cost me money as well, since GT prices are freakin climbing. I had no issues with the car, and absolutely loved it. :thumbsup

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Yes, this problem is gonna cost me money as well, since GT prices are freakin climbing. I had no issues with the car, and absolutely loved it. :thumbsup

Weeeeeeeeeeell, I remember a few peoplez tellin' yuh ta KEEP yur dang GT if only as motivation to MEND quicker ...but nooooooooo ...you had to go an' sell it.

(I think I'll open my mail box by remote control from here out! :ack)

samthejeepman

Permanent Vacation
Oct 14, 2005
new jersey
empty--don't fret
i have a feeling the "rocman" will be back in a gt shortly
not having one might have been the best medicine ???

ciao for now
sam
#1451----------red/white

ROCMAN

Big Dawg!
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 9, 2006
USA
Weeeeeeeeeeell, I remember a few peoplez tellin' yuh ta KEEP yur dang GT if only as motivation to MEND quicker ...but nooooooooo ...you had to go an' sell it.

(I think I'll open my mail box by remote control from here out! :ack)

I know, I know. :biggrin

ROCMAN

Big Dawg!
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 9, 2006
USA
empty--don't fret
i have a feeling the "rocman" will be back in a gt shortly
not having one might have been the best medicine ???

ciao for now
sam
#1451----------red/white

For sure. Till then, I will be bouncing around here more than Bony's Avatar, in a different way. :wink :biggrin