Mustang Cobra R in Wrapper

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Boy, I had that same honor, of chatting with Neil as well, great stories about cobra r's!!

After personally speaking to Neil at length at Rally V, I could not agree with you more Cobrar.

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
I also ran across that listing, it is interesting, but I agree with Chip. The newer cars eclipse the performance (IF you intend to use it.) For the collector, it could be quite a find.

DoctorV8

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 28, 2006
Houston
The most collectible of the three Cobra R's seems to be the 93 model, due to the lowest production numbers, and nostalgia for the Fox Chassis is starting to escalate for those of us that came of age in the late 80s.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
The most collectible of the three Cobra R's seems to be the 93 model, due to the lowest production numbers, and nostalgia for the Fox Chassis is starting to escalate for those of us that came of age in the late 80s.

I agree. However, the 1993 Cobra R was the R that was least modified from stock. The 1995R and 2000R were heavily modified and powered by purpose built, larger-than-stock displacement engines. The 1993R only had some suspension and engine tweaks, deleted content, and some other minor changes. I'm sure 15-20 years from now those of us that didn't buy any of the wrapper Rs available will be kicking ourselves. I personally like the 2000R the best but for the reasons DoctorV8 mentioned, I'd love to have a 1993R. I just can't bring myself to pay that much for a Fox body. Which brings me to the story of my father-in-law who, many years ago, couldn't bring himself to pay $20k for an original, numbers matching Boss 429 because it was "just a Mustang", albeit one with a trick motor.