Met Camilo Pardo today

Twturbo

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 28, 2022
Upland SoCal
Literally my first weekend out in the car this weekend & put some miles on it & went to the Peterson automotive museum for the Shelby bash event in Los Angeles, and Camilo was there.He had something to do with a continuation Shelby that they were introducing I think, anyway, super gracious Guy. I didn't even have a pen and I asked him if he could sign my car and he went into the museum to hunt down a paint pen so he could do it for me, and i literally got to spend about 15 IMG_3380.jpegminutes chatting with him next to my car going over some of the mods I had done ,he made some suggestions we talked about the car, was just a great day overall here's a few pics.IMG_3418.jpegIMG_3417.png

Twturbo

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 28, 2022
Upland SoCal
A few more pics from today including a couple from inside the museum of Steve McQueen's cars. The Jag XJS is just to die for , didn't get a chance to meet the owners of the yellow GT's but was told the 05 had gullwing IMG_3358.jpegIMG_3412.jpegIMG_3396.jpegdoors

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Very cool. Only one signature I would want on my car is his. Hope I can get it one day.

Is McQueen’s Turbo a ‘76? Guessing by the non-tea tray spoiler.

Reactions: Twturbo

Twturbo

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 28, 2022
Upland SoCal
Yep & funny as i was walking around the museum i ran into Camilo again,looking at the 930 turbo Porsche & we chatted again & he told me years ago he had a "77" 930 Turbo that he really liked & wished he'd never sold & i told him about my Turbo i currently own .IMG_3397.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: digman1 and 2112

GT@50

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 14, 2019
Issaquah
What did Camilo suggest?

Twturbo

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 28, 2022
Upland SoCal
He actually had a couple suggestions when I told him I had just put PPF clear bra on the whole car. He suggested I put it on the inside of the car on the silver areas on the sides of the footwells because that is just painted and it's really thin paint and it's black underneath, also he suggested the bumper delete option, which is the way he originally envisioned the car

Indy GT

Yea, I got one...too
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 14, 2006
Greenwood, IN
Camilo is the man and fun to be around at car shows/racing events.....

Reactions: steved57 and KJD