Looking At 2 Totalled Out Gts This Wknd

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Guys , im looking at 2 gts this weekend both supposedly totaled or wrecked, both under 1,000 miles. Im bringing this up for 2 reasons, the stories are pretty shady on what the stories are on these cars , also were they titled, insured , total jobs or what. IF THEY ARE TRUE AND THE STORIES ARE CLEAN , IM LOOKING FOR IF SOMEONES INTERESTED TO BUY THEM AS PARTS CARS ONLY! STRIP THEM FOR FUTURE USE,GET TO KNOW THE CARS IN AND OUT FOR FUTURE REFERENCE. Im not in the used car busness, do not want to sell parts just looking for back up supply for my kids when they iNherit the big ball of wax :biggrin . NOW THESE WILL NOT BE CHEAP, BUT IF THERES SOMEONE OUT THERE THAT MIGHT THINK THEY WANT TO GET INVOLVED, HAS THE SAME FORESITE, EMAIL ME PRIVATE , Please no dreamers, i need one or 2 guys with big enough attachments to make a quick decision. THANKS GUYS, ENJOY WISH ME LUCK! GTJOEY 1314 :thumbsup

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
if they are cheap why buy them? i am sure that the auto strippers that do collectables will be after them to part them out if they think they can make a buck.

Gierkink

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 5, 2005
Wellington, FL
GTJOEY,

Can you take a camera, take some pics and post them for us?

Rob

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Bony, old days you were right , now its scrap and out. Just keeping the main parts for a couple of days is to expensive.Hopefully i can post those pictures. keep in touch. gtjoey 1314 :thumbsup

Pipelion

GTJoey,

Hope you find a partner.

Glad you're not planning to rebuild them. As a member posted a wreck going at auction for $125K in Chi., how crazy to pay just $25K under a used price and never have a straight car.

If a guy got one for $45K and could not afford even a used one, OK.

Allan

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Thats around the bubble, 45 to 65,000, i know we all own priceless works of art but when push comes to shove and a lump of metal is hanging around , you know the rest, show me the money honey. gtjoey 1314 :thumbsup

Gene Cassone

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2005
way upstate NY
Another 2 wrecked!!?? I can't believe how many are being totaled!! Watch the insurance premiums go uo once the insurance companies get a "track record" on the GT!! I don't believe drivers realize how powerfull this car is and especially with no traction controll you can lose it quick especially if you gun it coming out of a corner. The backend is not forgiving with all that power (and TOURQUE)!!!

FORDGT001

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2005
Gene Cassone said:
Another 2 wrecked!!?? I can't believe how many are being totaled!! Watch the insurance premiums go uo once the insurance companies get a "track record" on the GT!! I don't believe drivers realize how powerfull this car is and especially with no traction controll you can lose it quick especially if you gun it coming out of a corner. The backend is not forgiving with all that power (and TOURQUE)!!!
The lack of stability management and traction control may have something to do with it. Its you and the road.

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Well what ever the reason, its still an idea that im jumping on early as one of my friends did years ago when he bought 6 1963 to 1967 sting Rays in the mid 70s, payed about 1,500 to 2,000 per car 4 are big blocks , still has them all under 20,000 miles all original survivors, enjoys them but as a whole he s got a nice living enjoyable nest egg. WHAT IS REMARKABLE , I CHECKED WITH DBK,AND WITH ALL THESE VISCIOUS ACCIDENT PICTURES , THAT DAMN GT IS A TANK AND I HAVENT HEARD OF ANY DEATHS TO DATE,ONE OF THE CARS IM LOOKING AT ON SAT, THE WHOLE NOSE WAS PUSHED! STRAIGHT THROUGH THE DASHBOARD AND THE GUY WALKED AWAY! A TESTIMONY TO A GREAT CAR. WELL IVE RECIEVED 8 PRIVATE ALREADY, WILL KEEP ALL IN TOUCH. ENJOY GTJOEY 1314 :thumbsup

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Gene Cassone said:

hate to say it, but you are spot on...
what I found from both Grundy and Hagerty is more than 50% of the wrecks are at the hands of a new owner or a car driven by the owner's friend or family. The GT should only be driven by the owner or a trained driver.

abolfaz

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 11, 2006
Coral Gables
The black car with 9 miles is going up for auction today its at $75,100 in KS, I'm sure its going to hit $100k. There is another one in miami (red/white stripes) with 10,004 miles (HOLY $HIT!) thats going up for auction on the tenth its already up to $60,100. I don't see the value in paying this much for these cars since they have salvage titles and will cost an arm and a leg to put back together. Considering a salvage title is worth about 20 to 30% less than a clean title car, where does that put you? As far as parts cars, unless they are completely destroyed, theyre going to cost too much money.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
I am with you. Seems like you would be upside down from day one.

On another subject of a big and famous crash, I read in the press that the Enzo that crashed on PCH in Malibu was being sent back to Italy and for $200k Ferrari would repair it.

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
There is alot to consider , i will go slow and see what plays out, titles, regis ,ins fraud, traffic infractions and legal liabilities all have to come into play. Ive seen it all before, remember i was born in the bronx ,so if things go okay or flat i will report back. thanks guys and girl for all you pm emailsgtjoey 1314 :thumbsup