lifts for the GT

leon

GT Owner
May 29, 2006
Hilton Head Island, SC
Just met with local ford dealer's SVTmechanic for an oil change and a few other items.

Told him about using a 4 post lift and he showed me in the GT repair manual that it is accepted by Ford to us a two post lift. I have a photo copy of the drawing but I cannot post it as it will no scan. However, anyone interested please let me know and I will fax the drawing.

Trying to get dealer to sell me a 2008 Mustang 500 Shelby convertible, but it seems he is hording the three 2007 models he has in stock. They are not for sale. Also, he has 6 brand new GT's which he willl not sell. They are all sitting on the Showroom floor.

Strange, to say the least. Anyone know where I can order a mustang shelby 500? I want to use it as my daily driver. Right now I am using a 2004 vette conv. and can get a discount of $5,500 of a 2007. Of course I will never sell my GT!

Leon
2005 white GT
Hilton Head Island, SC

STUNTS

FORD GT OWNER & LITTLE TIMMYS DAD!
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
SoCal
leon, just wanted to let you know there is a big thread on this. search lifting my GT

Tm :cheers

analogdesigner

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 15, 2005
San Clemente, CA USA
Proper lifting points

leon,

It really doesn't matter whether a two or four post lift lift is used. The important thing is to understand the proper lifting points which are incorrect in the Ford Workshop Manual. I a not trying to toot my own horn, however I have seen and heard about too many GT's being lifted incorrectly, resulting in expensive body damage. Please read the following links on this topic, since I have designed a well engineered jack lift adapter specifically for the Ford GT:

http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=769

http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=34

Please feel free to call me with any questions on this or other techincal topics.

Jay Philippbar
www.gtsaver.com
a division of:
CNC Setup, Inc.
2006 Via Solona
San Clemente, CA 92673
(949) 366-1211 Office
(949) 361-8110 Facsimile
analogdesign@cox.net

leon said:
Just met with local ford dealer's SVTmechanic for an oil change and a few other items.

Told him about using a 4 post lift and he showed me in the GT repair manual that it is accepted by Ford to us a two post lift. I have a photo copy of the drawing but I cannot post it as it will no scan. However, anyone interested please let me know and I will fax the drawing.

Trying to get dealer to sell me a 2008 Mustang 500 Shelby convertible, but it seems he is hording the three 2007 models he has in stock. They are not for sale. Also, he has 6 brand new GT's which he willl not sell. They are all sitting on the Showroom floor.

Strange, to say the least. Anyone know where I can order a mustang shelby 500? I want to use it as my daily driver. Right now I am using a 2004 vette conv. and can get a discount of $5,500 of a 2007. Of course I will never sell my GT!

Leon
2005 white GT
Hilton Head Island, SC

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Do it Leon. This is the best investment you can make on this car. And, they're portable!