I had not seen that one. Nice article.

MK2_GT

GTX1 Owner
Mar 25, 2006
Good stuff, I had not seen it.

barondw

GT Owner
Sep 8, 2005
Nice article but has been discussed before here and elsewhere.
Reality check, who else that had a car recalled at it done at their facility?

Jay Leno got special treatment in ordering the car, the price the paid, and recall replacement parts. So what else is he going to do, bite the hand that fed him?

For those that question if only the rear "A" arms were replaced this article should dispell that thought, all 8 "A" arms were replaced on all recalled cars.

Delivery on cars recalled were delayed substantially. FordMoCo then tried to make it up to those impacted. We are not unhappy with how they treated us.

This is not a bitch but just looking at the PR statements by Leno differently.

Dave

gwbartlett

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 22, 2006
Indiana
Recall

My GT was built on December 20, 2004. Ford had made me aware that there was a problem with the cast control arms and that delivery would be delayed. The car went to Roush in Livonia to have the billet control arms installed (and they truely are a work of art). While the car was at Roush they went through it to insure that all was OK. The car was delivered to McCoy Ford here in Muncie on April 14, 2005. Oddly enough I had a 2005 diesel Excursion on order and it also arrived on April 14. Although I was very anxious to get the car I have no complaints about how Ford handled the situation. Other than the AM radio the car has been perfect for 4,000 miles. After a year of ownership I am more impressed with this car than ever.

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
That was an interesting piece and good that he set the record straight - undoubtedly he will have got special treatement from Ford, it happens. You'll recall I got knocked off the first list for mine....

Interesting on the A arms, is that picture (attached) of the arms that went wrong or the arms that they replaced for him? Mine look nothing like this.

Attachments

• PMX0705LENO003_large.jpg
    PMX0705LENO003_large.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 194

gwbartlett

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 22, 2006
Indiana
Control Arm

The photo looks like a billet control arm (and it is on a billet of aluminum). It looks like the ones on my car,2005 498. Aren't the cars being produced now using forged arms; or cast?

barondw

GT Owner
Sep 8, 2005
Neilda said:
That was an interesting piece and good that he set the record straight - undoubtedly he will have got special treatement from Ford, it happens. You'll recall I got knocked off the first list for mine....

Interesting on the A arms, is that picture (attached) of the arms that went wrong or the arms that they replaced for him? Mine look nothing like this.

Neil

Since mine are replacements and look nothing like the picture I would assume they were the items that were found to be defective. The replacements I've seen are look like rounded rods, not those flat polished parts.

Dave