Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Atlanta
Jay does a pretty good job with the 180's :cheers

ROCK

GT Owner
Jul 10, 2006
Miami
That's an automatic car he's driving. They switched trans on a GT500 ?

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
No headrests?

cobrar1339

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 2, 2006
Diamond Bar, Ca
No headrests?

I noticed that too. Actually looks like a modifed seat. Movie cars get lots of different stuff.

Not hot on the bi-plane wing either:ack

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
SFO to Vegas @ 627 mi.! in 3 hr's ! :banana but - the minds of the Horrywood Writers.... Camillio did that in Detroit just going to work!

Stunt's - how do you sign up to work in this series?

red gt 1442

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 23, 2005
NY Metro Area
That's an automatic car he's driving. They switched trans on a GT500 ?

Those cars were put together by a friend (Ted Moser) at Picture Car Wharehouse in LA.(he's the guy in the video on the right)......because of the consinstency in being able to be driven while doing dialog, they switched over to regular GT's, and made them up to look the way they do. Easier to drive. As I made up the Shelby GT500 in I Am Legend for Will Smith. The stick cars give the actors too much to do while acting....it actually distracts them, so the auto was the way to go. When in the making of I Am Legend I wanted to install an auto trans. into the real GT500's that we had, (5 of them) being in touch with the Ford Engineers in Mich, I was told that they had not made an auto trans good enough to sustain all that horse power.

It is interesting that the emergency brake cables on the new mustangs are directly tied in to the caliper, so when you pull on the handle, it's almost direct lock, and easy to manuver the car into a 180, 90 or whatever....guys like Timmy (STUNTS) can really appreciate that, as they make slides around corners, having full control of the cars, and looking like gods, as they place the cars exactly where they should be at any given time.

My 2 cents..

Gino

STUNTS

FORD GT OWNER & LITTLE TIMMYS DAD!
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
SoCal
Those cars were put together by a friend (Ted Moser) at Picture Car Wharehouse in LA.(he's the guy in the video on the right)......because of the consinstency in being able to be driven while doing dialog, they switched over to regular GT's, and made them up to look the way they do. Easier to drive. As I made up the Shelby GT500 in I Am Legend for Will Smith. The stick cars give the actors too much to do while acting....it actually distracts them, so the auto was the way to go. When in the making of I Am Legend I wanted to install an auto trans. into the real GT500's that we had, (5 of them) being in touch with the Ford Engineers in Mich, I was told that they had not made an auto trans good enough to sustain all that horse power.

It is interesting that the emergency brake cables on the new mustangs are directly tied in to the caliper, so when you pull on the handle, it's almost direct lock, and easy to manuver the car into a 180, 90 or whatever....guys like Timmy (STUNTS) can really appreciate that, as they make slides around corners, having full control of the cars, and looking like gods, as they place the cars exactly where they should be at any given time.

My 2 cents..

Gino
Found you my friend.... we only accomplish those tasks when guys like you do what you do so eloquently and perfectly.... Always nice to slide a car that gives great lock up...

STUNTS

FORD GT OWNER & LITTLE TIMMYS DAD!
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
SoCal
SFO to Vegas @ 627 mi.! in 3 hr's ! :banana but - the minds of the Horrywood Writers.... Camillio did that in Detroit just going to work!

Stunt's - how do you sign up to work in this series?

you gotta go meet the coordinator... befriend him(aka begging:lol) and then hope to get hired sometime in the future.. its called a hussle...