It's 2015 and I'm looking for new tires ...

EA40

GT Owner
Feb 4, 2012
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
After just turning 6700 miles I noticed my rear/driver tire has some advanced wear on the inner thread. Fronts are fine.

So, I'm look for opinions and suggestions for what brand to consider for replacing the rears. I should mention that I live in Canada (Calgary) and my initial calls into local tire stores have turned up very little in terms of anything being available in the 315/40/19 R-class.

Feedback welcome!

MNJason

GT Owner
May 14, 2010
San Diego
Check out the Bridgestone thread it has lots of helpful info.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Do a search for the tire thread. Everything you need to know.

Tomcat

GT Owner
345/35ZR19 Bridgestone Potenza RE050A Scuderia
265/40ZR-18 Bridgestone Potenza RE050A N1(Porsche) XL

Blue Moose

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Chandler,Arizona.
Original equipment still available with new date codes:

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/TireS...arRatio=40&rearDiameter=19&rearSortCode=58163

EA40

GT Owner
Feb 4, 2012
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Thanks, guys.

My local Ford dealer can get the OEN Goodyear Eagle F1 tires ... but it looks like a look of owners have opted for the Bridgestone Potenza RE050A Scuderia. I like the fact that the Bridgestones are wider and there seem to be no issues reported here on the forum.

Now all I need to do is find out who can get the Potenza RE050A Scuderia into Calgary ...

Tomcat

GT Owner
Thanks, guys.

My local Ford dealer can get the OEN Goodyear Eagle F1 tires ... but it looks like a look of owners have opted for the Bridgestone Potenza RE050A Scuderia. I like the fact that the Bridgestones are wider and there seem to be no issues reported here on the forum.

Now all I need to do is find out who can get the Potenza RE050A Scuderia into Calgary ...
Tire Rack.com (shipped to a local preferred installer)
Online tires.com
Discount tires direct.com

Superfly

HERITAGE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 23, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
Give Rob or Bobby a call at Tunerworks. They'll set you up and get that Bridgestone installed perfectly. Or whatever else might suit your fancy if you're looking for aftermarket wheels. Seriously great guys and they know our cars. Oh, and if not already clear, they're right there in Calgary.

Last edited:

Doctr V

GT Owner
Mar 16, 2010
Pennsylvania
Gt guys put Bridgestones on my car in June, I had the original F1 tires too.... Its a completely different and safer car now..

EA40

GT Owner
Feb 4, 2012
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Thanks, Fly! Bobby is looking into it for me. I just need new rears ... but I might go with new fronts as well.

I'm stoked that we can get 345's to over-perform on these cars. Bad Ass!!!

KJRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
SoCal
Thanks, Fly! Bobby is looking into it for me. I just need new rears ... but I might go with new fronts as well.

I'm stoked that we can get 345's to over-perform on these cars. Bad Ass!!!

Definitely purchase and install the Bridgestones up front at the same time. Don't mess around with a mixed set. And if the fronts are the original tires, they are 10 years old. Not good!