Is The Shelby GT500 SuperSnake Kit Worth The Money?

gmazzcular

GT Owner
May 30, 2007
I own a gt-40 and a gt500, presently I have been pondering the idea of sending out my gt500 to shelby to have the supersnake kit installed. Is this a good or bad decision or should I just try and locate a KR500 and pay the extra money for the future investment. Also, my question is will the supersnake be rare in years to come and hold the money value? If anyone has seen, heard or drivin the supersnake all inquiries would be appreciated!

red gt 1442

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 23, 2005
NY Metro Area
I own a gt-40 and a gt500, presently I have been pondering the idea of sending out my gt500 to shelby to have the supersnake kit installed. Is this a good or bad decision or should I just try and locate a KR500 and pay the extra money for the future investment. Also, my question is will the supersnake be rare in years to come and hold the money value? If anyone has seen, heard or drivin the supersnake all inquiries would be appreciated!

gmazzcular,

I have a 2008 Shelby GT500 Black/black which is about to get the Super Snake package. It was originally No. 81, but since I am using one as the star in a show I am working on, CS has helped me in getting the car done immediately, since the Film starts shooting on March 31st. To make matters easier, Carroll elected to get the car to Tasca Ford to save all the transport time and money. The car is scheduled to be at Tasca on the 18th of March. When i receive the car back, I will post what I think of it....... as far as collectability, I was told by CS that they presently have in excess of 1200 orders.......hope this will help in a small way .......

Gino

08GT500

Jul 21, 2007
Peoria,Arizona
Like anything else, it depends on your own opinion. Many think the SS will be worth a ton of money many years from now. Maybe. From my perspective, I own a GT500 and would love to own a Ford GT. If I had the $30k to put into the SS I would not have bought a GT500 and found a way to come up with the extra to buy a GT. In the case of many here who already own a GT and a GT500, maybe it is a nice distraction. Just like buying a GT500, I don't think anyone should spend the money on the SS package because they think it is a good investment. If you want one and can afford it, who is to say you are wrong?

Mark IV

Sep 8, 2007
Western New York
No,
But only you can decide if you want to part with the required number of dollars to own one. Remember, in 1966 a lot of people thought $16,000 was WAY too much to pay for a small, mid-engined sports car with NO radio and dicey assembly quality!:biggrin

Twice Bitten GT

GT Owner
Apr 23, 2006
Email response from CS, 2 weeks ago

XXXX, we have 400 spot taken and we have a lot more to fill. For 07 GT500s we are doing 1250 and for 08 1000. your take off parts would be put on a pallet and wrap with your name on it. You would have to arrange for shipment. We have only done about 5 super snakes and 3 are costumer cars. We are trying to finish up 40th and we are slowly producing the super snakes but it will only speed up. If you have any further question please feel free and email me back.

Thanks

Jared

This second part of this post c&P'd out of a rather large word doc. they sent as well.

Super Snake

We have called in the first ten convertibles and to-date have built 2 customer owned Super Snakes,
a Red convertible and a Tungsten Coupe. We will be able to post pictures of these cars once we get a release from the customers. Like stated before, “Menacing” is the best word used to describe these cars.
I can reiterate that after seeing these two.

We will produce 1,250 units of the 07 Super Snake
We will produce 1,000 units of the 08 Super Snake

The adjustable pan hard bar has been added to the Super Snake package.

When ordering your post title package for your car, please be prepared to indicate any options that you want on your car. Any changes done to the order after we have requested shipment of your car will warrant a “Change of Order” and could significantly delay the delivery of your car. If you do however, indicate a change, your car will be built in accordance with you original order and then be put back into the queue until the additional parts can be ordered and added.

Many of you have already installed a clear bra, or invisa shield of some sort.
Please have these removed before you deliver your car to our facility.
Also, please remember to send the tuner to your car if you have already performed a computer upgrade.

Once your car has been completed, please make arrangements to pick up your car or have it picked up as soon as possible. Our space is limited and we cannot store these cars for more than a couple days.

On any of our GT500 packages, if you order the 700+HP package the Polished Supercharger will be an add’l $1,300 upgrade charge and the Satin Supercharger will be an add’l $650 upgrade charge.
This package will allow you to have the flat black, upgraded satin or polished finish.

You could always have the same engine and suspension mods done else where for less, but the dress up package for the 40th, KR and SS are Shelby specific.

Hope this helps

MG0427

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 20, 2006
Central Florida
what about the 09 GT500 (it's coming), and maybe '10?

Mg

KMCBOSS

RED GT owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
Bremerton, Washington
I have decided to Super Snake my GT500 (725 HP version) because in my opinion it is a modern day BOSS 429 - an over the top muscle car. There are two trains of thought with respect to this issue. One - it should icrease the value of the car and two - don't buy a new car as an investment. If you are into risky investments the the Super Snake or 500KR may be for you.

gmazzcular

GT Owner
May 30, 2007
The KR500 may not be as limited as thought!

I have heard from a good source that in 2009 the kr will have a converible version and that shelby never signed off on saying that there would only be 1000 units sold! If this happens there could be alot of unhappy people! Take Care!! GT-40s FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!