Is grand total available yet?

bitzman

Permanent Vacation
Oct 7, 2005
Is the grand total available yet? I think Ford has this number already in hand down to the last car scheduled because they have to order all the subasemblies, parts, etc. all to arrive in the same place at the same time and August is only 3 months away. Will it be 3200 cars in two years? 3500? 4000? This is not counting the Canadian batch of 200 or 101 Euro. market cars. I think though it would have been nice to have more Ford GTs (the Pantera run for the U.S. was around 6000 cars) it is better to have less in terms of keeping up the value. For instance, there are around 1400 Mercedes gullwings, so that helps them keep their value, and around 1100 original A.C. Cobras, including both small block and big block. Considering the population of the U.S. is a lot bigger than the US had in the Sixties, even four times as many Ford GTs as Cobras isn't too many. Also any more and they might have had to start discounting as the types who have to have the latest thing might already be switching to the newest supercar like the upcoming Aston convertible or DBS coupe. I get a laugh out of the way Porsche was unable to sell as many of the overpriced Carrera GT as they had hoped and had to cut production short, making below the projected number.