Is any dealer selling GT 500's at sticker?

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
The ONLY people that are now paying over sticker have more money then brains...

More money than brains...

I wonder if that would be a bad thing. Think how fun and carefree life would be in a constant state of happiness buying things willy nilly. :wink

KJRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
SoCal
Syco, I know you are commenting tongue in cheek.....just think how many men and women throughout history have had that very ability and lived miserable, meaningless lives.

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Syco, I know you are commenting tongue in cheek.....just think how many men and women throughout history have had that very ability and lived miserable, meaningless lives.

True. I think I know some people (non-Forum members) following that same formula today with similar results. :frown

KJRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
SoCal
:thumbsup

mccarter1369

Ford Enthusiast
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 18, 2006
Denver, CO
Picked it up last night

I think I need more brains (and money) after driving 800 miles round trip to pick up my GT500 yesterday and going to work on 2 hours of sleep! It is Ebony with top stripe delete. The alloy side stripe is very subtle. I have to admit the car looks awesome (still a step-child to my GT), but does anyone else feel that the Shelby GT should have gotten the big powerplant instead of the body style of the GT500? I think the GT 500 is balanced and obviously performs well, but it sets like it has air shocks in the back. I have plans to take care of that look; unfortunately now comes the new line to wait in. . . the super snake conversion.

PNicholson

You MAY find an '07 at sticker, but doubt at this point you will find an '08 at MSRP. Although the prices have come down substantially (gone are the $15-$20k over MSRP days), I dont believe they are at MSRP yet. Last one I sold at my last job (a couple of weeks ago) was $6k over.

My advice - search for an '07 and make an offer at or just below MSRP - have nothing to loose.

Page

08GT500

Jul 21, 2007
Peoria,Arizona
Glad to see you found a car at a good price. More msrp deals are happening but mostly on 07's. There are less than 400 left out of over 10,000. I am still waiting for my 08'. Maybe by xmas...Enjoy.

Love the 67' with Magstars.....

mccarter1369

Ford Enthusiast
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 18, 2006
Denver, CO
Photos

Car came in, love it. Thought I would post a few photos. I think the stripe delete with the Alloy GT 500 stripe looks subtle. Wife now wants a 'vert for herself.
47b7ce26b3127ccebe51e6a8705800000026108IaOXDRuycW

47b7ce26b3127ccebe51fb1a307c00000026108IaOXDRuycW

47b7ce26b3127ccebe51fb04306200000026108IaOXDRuycW

08GT500

Jul 21, 2007
Peoria,Arizona
Congrats on the new car. I am still waiting for mine. Ford says it will be built this quarter. I have to say though, must seem like a tuna boat after driving a FGT......

Kirby Vieira

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Atlanta
I recently passed on the opportunity to order an '08 at msrp because IMO by the time the Super Snake program is underway this Winter, I think they will be available for less than msrp, maybe considerably less. Ford and Chevy will always build several thousand more GT 500's and Corvette's than the market will absorb. Except for limited run editions, like the Ford GT, supply always exceeds demand, and patience is rewarded with a cheaper price.

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Very classy looking GT 500!

Great choice in the stripe delete, and I can barely see the side stripe. Nice!

jamie

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 23, 2005
Virginia
I have to say black without stripes is a good look on the car, I would like to buy that combo myself, but I agree with Kirby winter will bring discounts and deals. When I bought my first Ford GT I paid 1000 over sticker after holding out for a year, when I bought my second one 6 months later I got a 13 thousand dollar discount. I wanted a GT 500 but no one would sell me one at less than 5000 over so I ended up buying a new Z06 for 11 thousand under msrp instead and I feel I got a lot more value for my dollar not to mention light years better performance.

06gt1858

GT Owner
Jan 29, 2007
Lodi Ca.
I have a Red one for 48k..

Steve

swalth2176@aol.com

Cobradvr

GT Owner
2008 GT500 for under MSRP.... I just re-read the advertisement... you must register to win the right to buy it for under MSRP. Sorry for the confusion.

http://www.ravenelford.com/dsp_shelby.cfm

Last edited:

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
There a some adds in Auto Week but I don't remember the pricing ??

jsalomon

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 20, 2006
Newport Beach, CA
I think I need more brains (and money) after driving 800 miles round trip to pick up my GT500 yesterday and going to work on 2 hours of sleep! It is Ebony with top stripe delete. The alloy side stripe is very subtle. I have to admit the car looks awesome (still a step-child to my GT), but does anyone else feel that the Shelby GT should have gotten the big powerplant instead of the body style of the GT500? I think the GT 500 is balanced and obviously performs well, but it sets like it has air shocks in the back. I have plans to take care of that look; unfortunately now comes the new line to wait in. . . the super snake conversion.

I just got a black GT500 and want to have her sent to Shelby for the Super Snake as well. The only thing holding me back is the mate black stripes on the black car. How does everyone feel about that color combo?

Kirby Vieira

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Atlanta
If they look like ghost stripes, it should be very cool.