Insurance question...

mardyn

GT Owner
Dec 20, 2005
Beautiful East Texas
This topic has probably been covered over here before, but a search of the archives didn't yeild much info on the subject.

Who are most GT owners going to for insurance on the cars? My other classics are with Haggerty... but their quote on the GT was $2600.00+... which I thought to be kinda' pricey.

I can add it to my regular policy along with my other cars for about $1400.00 a year for full coverage. Seems this is the way to go...

Your comments please.

mardyn

tiger 6

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 5, 2006
virginia
Mardyn,
If you are going to track your car, I would suggest you check out Chubb for insurance. They will insure your GT for Drivers' Education track events and will also do this for replacement value.
If you are not going to tarck your car, it is just a matter of doing the leg work. I would also check Chubb and USAA for starters.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
As you guessed, there are some threads on this. You might have to check the archives. State Farm seemed to be a frontrunner for many people and that's who I use. Less tha $1K, but I have multiple vehicles and house.

barondw

GT Owner
Sep 8, 2005
If you track a car forget Haggerty's. Also forget them if you expect to drive your car. While they claim not to have mileage limitations in my experience with them that is a big fat lie.

They do not want the cars they have insured drive more than 1500 -2500 miles a year at most.

Dave

blaire576

May 8, 2006
mardyn said:
This topic has probably been covered over here before, but a search of the archives didn't yeild much info on the subject.

Who are most GT owners going to for insurance on the cars? My other classics are with Haggerty... but their quote on the GT was $2600.00+... which I thought to be kinda' pricey.

I can add it to my regular policy along with my other cars for about $1400.00 a year for full coverage. Seems this is the way to go...

Your comments please.

mardyn
hi mardyn you my try look at http://www.insurance-quote-free.com bec. i got to see insurance companies prices there before hope that might help your concern :cheers . just avoid statefarm that company is a plugue just gonna suck your ass.

ray

rsilverman

GT Owner
Mar 25, 2006
new jersey
Here's my take on insurance: I've had State Farm for my house/car for years. I'm 47, never had an accident/speeding ticket, so I'm a good risk, right? Last year, was involved in an accident, not my fault, but in NJ we're in no-fault land, so at the anniversary of my renewal, low and behold - BIG increase in auto rate.
Now, despite that, I did stay with them, but my GT is with Haggerty, which I just carried over from my previous vintage Aston Martin.
Bottom line, is do your research. All of the companies have their pro's and cons.
Rob

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
E-surance.com

blaire576 said:
hi mardyn you my try look at http://www.insurance-quote-free.com bec. i got to see insurance companies prices there before hope that might help your concern :cheers . just avoid statefarm that company is a plugue just gonna suck your ass.

ray
Thanks Ray,
I just logged on to the website you listed above and saved $2600.00 this year. When I bought my GT I called my agent at Allstate who has 4 other cars insured for me plus my home. I'm a 50 year old guy without a ticket or claim in 20 years. With multiple car discounts they quoted me $3480 per year. :ack Same coverage from E-SURANCE.COM was $835 per year without any discounts. :biggrin WOW, I guess I should shop the rest of my business as well. Thanks again. :thumbsup

Chip

mardyn

GT Owner
Dec 20, 2005
Beautiful East Texas
What kinda' coverage are y'all buying?

Currently, my GT coverage is the same as my other vehicles... Full coverage...minus collision.

mistake? maybe, maybe not...

comments please.

mardyn

rsilverman

GT Owner
Mar 25, 2006
new jersey
I think an important consideration is this: The GT will cease production this summer. For a while there will be available 'replacement' vehicles, but that well will dry up eventually. Here is where a good insurance company becomes very important. If your car is deemed a total loss, the insurance company can either replace it or compensate you monetarily. With classic cars you want a replacement car that is an equal to your car, not a GT with a poor history... That was the big reason I selected Hagerty for my classics. Again, now it's a moot point, someday though it may be a critical point.
Rob

Last edited: