Instrument Panel rattle found

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
After the GT Forum event this past summer, my GT developed an instrument panel rattle. It sounded like a loose electrical connector contacting the IP substrate over road imperfections. I did not want the dealer to inspect/even attempt to remove the IP/ and repair.
Today while cleaning the car for winter storage, I think I found the issue. On the bottom edge of the windshield there is a small 'u'-channel plastic edge molding. It runs from the left a-pillar to the right a-pillar along the bottom of the windshield (width of the car). From washing/drying the car or from ordinary driving, the 'u'channel had come off the windshield at the RH and LH
sides for approx 12-15 inches each side. I pushed it back onto the glass, (easy to do with the 'trunk' lid open), did a quick test drive and the rattle is gone. I may attempt a small amount of clear silicone caulk several places in the channel to fully install. Any one with a similar issue may want to check this out..
andy benedict AJB-- 2006 0541 Blue/White stripes

H

HHGT

Can you post some pics please...

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
IP rattle

I will take some photos and attempt to post.
andy

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
I also had an annoying rattle that would show up on rough concrete roads. The engineers at the rally took my car for a ride several times and we could not reproduce it. I found it just today finally. It came from the gauge panel, but not the face with the gauges. It's the hood over the gauges, the carbon fiber under the leather. I can feel it's loose and wiggles a little. I knocked it a few times and it seems to be gone now, but we'll see. Shouldn't be hard to fix now that I know where it's at. FYI