ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Gentlemen,

I should have put this post up a year and a half ago after getting these modifications done. Guyett Performance in Fresno, California has developed one of the best air-oil separators available for the Ford GT, but they did not have an application that would work with a Heffner Twin Turbo. There is such limited space available, especially on cars like mine that have remote Penske shock absorber reservoirs mounted behind the rear strut towers. Evan Guyett painstakingly designed twin air-oil separators for this application using my car as the prototype. With all of the engineering work done I am happy to allow other members to take advantage of all of his hard work (and my $). Purchasing a copy of my system would be a lot cheaper for you than it was for me as I paid for all of the initial design work. Quite a bit of oil coats the inter-cooler over time making it less efficient. How much less efficient I don't know but these air-oil separators eliminate almost all of it. They look really trick too. The two black irregular shaped boxes mounted inside my rear strut tower braces are the air-oil separators in the photos below.

A second item that Evan Guyett has developed for me is a machined billet aluminum bracket that mounts on the air box atop the inter-cooler. The stock bracket is a flimsy L-shaped sheet-metal piece and it flexes when you push on the throttle. Plus, it's unsightly. This new billet aluminum piece does not flex at all giving more precise throttle control. But even more important, it looks great.

During the upcoming Rally in Northern California I encourage all Heffner TT owners to look at my car with the clam-shell up to check these Guyett Performance items out. If you have questions that I can't answer I'm sure that Evan Guyett would be happy to answer your questions. He is located in Fresno California and his phone number is 559-349-3570.

I have no financial stake in any of this other than having spent a lot of money to develop some cool parts that others may want to take advantage of. Cheers.

Chip

Attachments

• Guyett 1.jpg
    Guyett 1.jpg
    146.5 KB · Views: 276
  • Guyett 5.jpg
    Guyett 5.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 308
  • Guyett 6.jpg
    Guyett 6.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 345
  • Guyett 3.jpg
    Guyett 3.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 356
  • Guyett 4.jpg
    Guyett 4.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 368
Last edited:

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Thanks for posting this Chip. The whole system looks OEM.

Evan-I'll take one of the throttle cable brackets, assuming it works with the stock supercharger. Please pm the price.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Evan's stuff is 1st rate! I'll see #34 soon in Sonoma.