In Midland, Texas - Ford GT40 MK IV

donnymac

Defered Ajudication
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 26, 2008
West Texas
With underwriting help from PeakCompletions(Ray) and Bigs GT(Don) of the Forum, Midland’s Permian Basin Petroleum Museum, has the privilege of hosting Ford Museum’s GT40 MK IV until July 30, 2010. Formal rollout is this Friday night at a Museum banquet.

All of you know the GT40 history better than me, but from the 1960s when Ford, Shelby and Hall competed with GT40s and Chaparrals, does anyone recall the cars under one roof much less together on professional display? It is indeed a unique opportunity with Ford GT40 and Chaparral side by side.

The onetime combination of GT40 and Chaparral fosters road trip possibilities and the Museum invites you to visit. Executive Director for the Museum is Kathy Shannon. She can help you plan a solo or group visit and can be contacted thru the Museum website.

A tangible addition to a Museum visit is the wide open region and historic towns southwest of Midland particularly Alpine, Fort Davis, Fort Stockton, Marfa and Lajitas(Google them all). They make a great road tour and I guarantee you have access to good hotels and most importantly you will find certain remote stretches of blacktop entirely to your liking. :biggrin

Thanks again to Ray and Don. I look forward to seeing you this weekend. Your help is appreciated. And to the Forum from the 3 of us, we welcome your visit and will assist how we can.

DM

Attachments

• IMG_2569.JPG
    IMG_2569.JPG
    42.4 KB · Views: 395
  • IMG_2591.JPG
    IMG_2591.JPG
    56.7 KB · Views: 519
  • IMG_2607.JPG
    IMG_2607.JPG
    50 KB · Views: 379
  • IMG_2640.JPG
    IMG_2640.JPG
    56.8 KB · Views: 365
  • IMG_2645.JPG
    IMG_2645.JPG
    57.8 KB · Views: 377

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
Cool stuff!

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
I am planning the voyage now. Do they start the GT at any point? I will bring my first born and we can start negotiations for a drive.

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
Any Dallas guys want to travel together?

I like the Zebra strategy with regard to Troppers, just blend into the pack and confuse them. It works great unless your the Zebra they decide to pounce on.

steved57

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 29, 2008
kilgore tx
If and when you Dallas guys decide to go I would love to tag along. If you come up with a date for a trip please let me know.

Thanks

Steve

BigsGT

Tungsten GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 8, 2006
Austin Texas
Thanks for putting this together Donny. I look forward to seeing you, Ray, Larry, Jerry, Ronnie et al tomorrow!

I saw this car at the Henry Ford during Rally 1!

DB AKA Biggs

Aug 25, 2006
Very cool indeed

Shadowman

PeakCompletions

Boost is an addiction...
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 6, 2007
West Texas
Any other forum members that come would be fantastic!!! Please let me know if you guys are coming so we can make sure to meet up!!

steved57

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 29, 2008
kilgore tx
Wow I would love to have been able to be there today. Lucky for you guys that can. I will for sure get to the museum while the cars are there.

Steve

Outkastscc

Oct 17, 2007
Any other forum members that come would be fantastic!!! Please let me know if you guys are coming so we can make sure to meet up!!

Sounds like a good time for a shop crawl. I'm sure there are a few toys to look at in Midland.:wink