I Miss Pan-Am...

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
It was a great airline - don't know what happened, but it has a great history. I loved flying with them...

WW II Pan Am Clipper Fantastic video and History.... Pass on to aviation buffs...

[video=youtube;Ms84WfJwalI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ms84WfJwalI[/video]

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
It was a great airline - don't know what happened, but it has a great history. I loved flying with them...

One of the girls has stopped by to help with your PanAm memories. :biggrin

pan am.jpg

CH53Driver

Shelby GT500 owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 20, 2008
Arkansas.

WW II Pan Am Clipper Fantastic video and History.... Pass on to aviation buffs...

[video=youtube;Ms84WfJwalI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ms84WfJwalI[/video]

Amen brother. My grandfather, who was my inspiration to become an aviator, was an employee for 40 years. Sadly, a couple of years after he retired, they went bankrupt and he lost his retirement through them. I never once heard him complain though, he went right back to work and spent another 20 years working as a mechanic for our local Ford dealership. He was the best mechanic I ever knew. Man I miss him.

I've got a few good pictures of his days working for Pan Am. I'll see if I can find them when I get home and I'll post them up. He loved talking about the old Clippers. He also lost quite a few friends on those planes. It's a shame none survived into the present day.

CH53Driver

Shelby GT500 owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 20, 2008
Arkansas.
PanAmB314.jpg

Here's the Boeing B-314.

PanAmM130.jpg

Here's the Martin M-130.

PanAm747.jpg

The Boeing 747.

PanAmmaintenance.jpg

My grandfather said they lost a lot of tools when conducting maintenance on the Clippers. :lol

Grandparents53.jpg

And yours truly with my Grandparents with a 53 at MCAS Miramar. This picture was taken right after 9/11 and I got "stranded" in San Diego for about a week before being "released" to fly back to North Carolina.

MNJason

GT Owner
May 14, 2010
San Diego
Awesome pics!

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
My Dad went through their Executive Management Training Programme in 1960s.

They used to train the CEOs of international airlines as part of early code-share system. My parents stayed in NYC for 2yrs for it; Juan Tripp was the CEO.

Attachments

• PanAm.jpg
    PanAm.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 166

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Great post Ralphie, I enjoyed that.