I got to sit ON a Ford GT....literally

IwantaGT

Apr 5, 2006
Texas
24112.jpg

we had to tighten some screws on the small rear spoiler and pretty much everything had to come off to get to them. Kinda sucked but it was a good experience to see how it's all put together :thumbsup:

24113.jpg

The mufflers....:

24114.jpg

The hood probably weighed 20lbs....surprisingly light:

24115.jpg

Thought this was pretty cool....it was inside the rear passenger quarter panel:

24116.jpg

My buddy didn't want to take it to a dealership so some "Ford Tech" could do the job half-assed so we made a night of it. :thumbsup

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
You're brave people!!

Thanks for posting that - very enjoyable to see. I loved the fact that this car was signed, how cool is that?! :cheers

abolfaz

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 11, 2006
Coral Gables
I'd like to find out who signed my car...

Pipelion

IwantaGT,

Hea....Yea!!!!!!!!That's so cool!!! :biggrin

Are you related to Iwanna Trump? :biggrin (Trump"s Ex)

AlbofaZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Look in the Detroit phone book!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cheers

Allan

TEXAS GT

2006 Twin Turbo
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
I certainly hope you took the opportunity to install the Borla muffler since you had it torn down that far anyway.

You guys are crazy!!

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
got a porta potty in there? :lol

Don't think I am ready to take mine apart just yet, still working on my erector set I got when I was in the third grade.

STUNTS

FORD GT OWNER & LITTLE TIMMYS DAD!
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
SoCal
Hats off "Literally" Nice job :cheers

IwantaGT

Apr 5, 2006
Texas
Didn't get a chance to install the aftermarket muffler as they are on backorder. Least now we know it's not too hard to do!!! It was a great experience....up then I just detailed the GT.

The signature was a great find but kinda a PITA to figure out. If you open the rear hood, and take off the "splash guard" to the wheels, you can find the signature. :thumbsup

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Rear spoiler.

we had to tighten some screws on the small rear spoiler and pretty much everything had to come off to get to them. Kinda sucked but it was a good experience to see how it's all put together :thumbsup:

How did you know the screws were loose? My rear spoiler is slightly buckled, could that be due to loose screws?

Chip