May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
They need to build that Red Job !!! Wow !! Jamal are you listening !!! :biggrin

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
They need to build that Red Job !!! Wow !! Jamal are you listening !!! :biggrin

+1 Where do I send my 100% deposit on the red one? Ecoboost V8?? GR1 V10??

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
HECK YA, THE RED ONE!!!!!!!!!!:eek:eek:eek

(In midnite BLUE...of course...:wink)

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I can assure there is a shitstorm over these sketches being on Jalopnik. Too late to take them down now, but those were definitely not supposed to be out for public consumption :lol Design does stuff years in advance, so there's a possibility some of this shows up at the next all-new Mustang. I have pictures of the GT being clayed in 2002, and you could see a reasonable facsimile of the 2007 GT500 on the wall, including the name "GT500".

H

HHGT

I can assure there is a shitstorm over these sketches being on Jalopnik. Too late to take them down now, but those were definitely not supposed to be out for public consumption :lol Design does stuff years in advance, so there's a possibility some of this shows up at the next all-new Mustang. I have pictures of the GT being clayed in 2002, and you could see a reasonable facsimile of the 2007 GT500 on the wall, including the name "GT500".

There was a big hoopla over the C6Z06 when it came out too. I vaguely remember GM paying a personal visit to a guy in Texas at his home that leaked information in a similar manner...

Spirit

Heritage GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
There was a big hoopla over the C6Z06 when it came out too. I vaguely remember GM paying a personal visit to a guy in Texas at his home that leaked information in a similar manner...

Those Darn Texans. :biggrin

God Bless Texas. :usa

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale

That's always been the problem with the car companies. They always show radical concept cars at the car shows and radical sketches and then when and if they ever make it to production you usually get a watered down version..

I bet if you started a web site around that version and took deposits you could fund that car being built. It's time for a new marketing Strategy. Pre- sell them to get it built..!! I'm in for one !!! Build it now and they will come.. :biggrin

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
They always show radical concept cars at the car shows and radical sketches and then when and if they ever make it to production you usually get a watered down version..

...'glad I didn't have a preproduction deposit down on the "Forty Nine" concept...

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
That's always been the problem with the car companies. They always show radical concept cars at the car shows and radical sketches and then when and if they ever make it to production you usually get a watered down version..

Blame the governments of the world. 99% of concept cars are 100% production non-feasible just because you end up having to build the car around 8 million safety requirements. Cars all look the same now because of things like pedestrian bumper requirements, headlamp requirements, greenhouse requirements. If all that stuff didn't exist, designers would go nuts and cars would hit the road as shown.

I wouldn't call them watered down, I'd call them screwed by regulations. All designers hate it, but it's the reality they live with.

nthfinity

Apr 18, 2006
South East MI

A very good friend of mine whom I've worked with a number of times. The real leak is also a D-bag I know who lived in metro-Detroit.

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Blame the governments of the world. 99% of concept cars are 100% production non-feasible just because you end up having to build the car around 8 million safety requirements. Cars all look the same now because of things like pedestrian bumper requirements, headlamp requirements, greenhouse requirements. If all that stuff didn't exist, designers would go nuts and cars would hit the road as shown.

I wouldn't call them watered down, I'd call them screwed by regulations. All designers hate it, but it's the reality they live with.

I hear ya... I have a Chevy SSR . not everyones cup of tea but it's one of the few concept vehicles that retained it's dramatic body lines..

Triheart7

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 3, 2007
Northern California

This makes sense, I always wondered why you got great concept designs and you never saw the car.:ack

H

HHGT

I hear ya... I have a Chevy SSR . not everyones cup of tea but it's one of the few concept vehicles that retained it's dramatic body lines..

Chevy SSR:thumbsup:thumbsup

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Chevy SSR:thumbsup:thumbsup

Thanks !! I'm a big fan of the Prowler as well !! When I was looking to scratch my retro hot rod itch it was between the Prowler and the SSR. The SSR won out. I wanted a two seat weekend get away car. The SSR has a little more usable storage space and the 6.0 L V8 .. I was real close to pulling the pin on an Inca Gold Prowler...:biggrin