How far up on the hood?

H

HHGT

I have a local Socal guy that has done many cars for me with 3M Clear Bra. My question is How far up on the hood?

I am getting the side view mirrors, behind all 4 wheels and rear bumper. Anywhere else?

Derry

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
buffalo, NY
I am doing the entire front end from the doors and windshield forward because I could not find a 'good' place to stop and have a seem show.

Derry

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
Clear Bra

Don't forget to have the side air intakes done. Consider doing the sill plates too.

sharp33

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 19, 2006
Rochester, NY
Don't stop there. Your sofa may need covering also. :banana

H

HHGT

sharp33 said:
Don't stop there. Your sofa may need covering also. :banana

That's funny. My wife said the same thing last night.

Derry

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
buffalo, NY
Good note about the side intakes. I also did the sills, rocker panels and behind the rear wheels.

tiger 6

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 5, 2006
virginia
Also consider the roof of the car from the top of the windshield back towards the rear 6-8 inches.

cudacharlie

Dec 21, 2005
SoCal
HHGT -

If you have a good 3m ClearBra guy that you like here in SoCal, could you please post his contact info? I need to have the woman's car done, and I am in Topanga. Thanks! :thumbsup

- Charlie

Rong

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2006
Clear Bra

Best guy is in San Diego. PM me for info.

H

HHGT

For all of you that inquired. I spent 8 hours at the shop yesterday getting the 3M tape put on. This guy is so good, he should have been a SURGEON - Seriously take pride in his work and has done so many exclusive cars, its hard to keep up. His website is http://www.ultimateautocare.com/home.htm and his name is Sean Heiland. Tell him Sam from Hacienda Heights sent you.

I do have pictures available, I do not knwo how to post them just let me know how please.

As far as the locations go, he had anothe GT there ysterday and we went through all the possible place and BTW thanks for all the suggestions.

Entire Front Nose - just to the top of the headlight.

4" of the whute stripes just at the beginning of the front hood

Front roof of the car just to the beginning of the door

1" on the front of the side scoops

Both Mirrors - Noticed yesterday they are no in the same location on both doors. Also figured out the steering wheen telescopes out - Dahhh!

Behind all wheels

special cut for under the side scoops and above the side stripes

Both Rocker Panels

Inside door handles - finger nail scrathes!!

Rear bumber on the vertial side and wraps approx 1" on the bottom - with a precise cut on the two horizantal grooves.

BTW he has done 6 other cars for me, so he gives me a special price - please call him for $... I've know him for 3 years and never a single problem.

Hopefully, one of you guys can post the pictures - IT Truly Came Up Awesome - I am no longer afraid of debris - well almost not..

Sam

MDT

GT Owner
Jun 24, 2006
What happens to the paint when you try to pull this stuff off in a few years?

Beach-GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 8, 2006
Seminole Florida
Holy moly. I just ordered the Speed Lingerie Bra set and I may get a little of the 3M material for the leading edge of the scoops and behind the rear wheels. Those areas take a beating on my mustang. Plastering this stuff all over the car reminds me of a bandaged up person. I'll bet waxing will be fun with all those edges to clean. :frown

H

HHGT

Beach-GT said:
Holy moly. I just ordered the Speed Lingerie Bra set and I may get a little of the 3M material for the leading edge of the scoops and behind the rear wheels. Those areas take a beating on my mustang. Plastering this stuff all over the car reminds me of a bandaged up person. I'll bet waxing will be fun with all those edges to clean. :frown

Wax removal has never been a problem. I actually use the oil from a fresh peanut butter jar. It also works on gum and various other stubborn surface dirt.

HeritageBruce

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 13, 2006
Southern CA
HHGT said:
Wax removal has never been a problem. I actually use the oil from a fresh peanut butter jar. It also works on gum and various other stubborn surface dirt.

Hey HHGT,
Do you eat the peanut butter afterwards??? :lol I used to live in HH and now in Monterey Park. Would love to see your car w/ the clear bra on, do you plan on going to Crystal Cove any time soon?

H

HHGT

HeritageBruce said:
Hey HHGT,
Do you eat the peanut butter afterwards??? :lol I used to live in HH and now in Monterey Park. Would love to see your car w/ the clear bra on, do you plan on going to Crystal Cove any time soon?

I am hoping this coming Saturday morning. I know there is another fellow in the Whittier area that I wanted to hook up with and still have not done so yet.

There used to be a small gathering at Friscos on Tuesday nights on Gale avenue in Industry. I do not know if they still do, but we should look that up - they have awesome food.

PM me for personal contact info.

Cheers!

BTW - I hate peanut butter, but it really does work.

HeritageBruce

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 13, 2006
Southern CA
I'm going to CV this Saturday, see you there.