Homelink Rear View Mirror

sharp33

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 19, 2006
Rochester, NY
Has anyone out there installed a HomeLink® Auto-Dimming Rear View Mirror 50-GENK40 in their GT? The auto-dimming probably isn't necessary since a little more pressure on the go pedal usually works well. The Homelink would allow a GT owner to control up to 3 devices such as a garage door or gate without hanging remotes from the sun visor. The wiring is already present for the map lights so it looks like a simple plug in assuming they make a mirror or adapter for the GT. Does anyone know the name of the mounting bracket glued to the GT windshield?

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
I also hate the idea of a garage door opener on the visor...... so I just put the garage door opener in the mesh pocket in the front of the drivers seat :biggrin

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Ditto what Mad said.

ROCMAN

Big Dawg!
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 9, 2006
USA
I just call my wife 2 minutes before I get home so she can hit the switch. :biggrin

dbtgt

One lucky SOB to own a GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 4, 2006
Tulsa, Oklahoma
ROCMAN said:
I just call my wife 2 minutes before I get home so she can hit the switch. :biggrin
Mine wouldn't open it for me if I made the call! :eek

AZGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Scottsdale, AZ.
MAD IN NC said:
I also hate the idea of a garage door opener on the visor...... so I just put the garage door opener in the mesh pocket in the front of the drivers seat :biggrin

You can also hang it (with the normal spring clip) right under the steering wheel where it goes in to the dash - the bezel has enough of a gap that the clip fits - and it is out of sight. No interference problem with mine opening the garage door.

mardyn

GT Owner
Dec 20, 2005
Beautiful East Texas
Damn... I've got two of the damn things in my car... one for the gate, one for the garage... :confused I could be diggin' on some homelink action. where and how much?

btw... mesh pockets in front of the seats? I guess I'd better look again. :banana

mardyn

PHXGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 11, 2005
Phoenix, AZ
AZGT,

I'll show you where I put mine on Sunday.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Let us know how the light works. If I remember correctly the only interior lights in a GT is the 2 bulbs on the mirror. The Homelink mirrors seems to have 3 leds in the center. This will be much darker.

Choice many will have about mirrors:

1. keep the stock one.
2. Homelink
3. LCD monitor mirror combination

BlackICE

Last edited:

sharp33

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 19, 2006
Rochester, NY
MAD IN NC said:

That's where I keep mine also, along with my cell phone. But a Homelink built in garage door opener would be an improvement and control one more door or device. :cheers