Hey guys...

Just called the dealer and gave him a deposit on the condition that he could find one and deliver it without delay. I'm in Canada, so I'm not sure whether this is possible. After calling around a bit, it seems stealers are wanting a bit over list - which I'm not prepared to pay.

I'm concerned that the car might be a little claustrophobic. I have had the chance to sit in one, but not to drive it. I'm not a big guy 5' 10.5" and under 160 lbs, however, as soon as the door closed over my head, I felt a surge of panic and had to get out. Have any of you experienced this? If so, did the sensation go away? Thoughts?

Thanks.

StuM

GT Owner
Dec 10, 2005
SoCal
Not a problem

I'm your size. No problems at all re space and interior feeling. The car wraps around you; fits like a glove. Gets very comfortable during driving. You'll quickly get over any concerns about confinement. You'll love it!

Buy and enjoy! :thumbsup

KJD

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 21, 2005
Location, Location
Most of the owners here probably only panic when they can't get into their GTs and I only panic when I think I might not get mine! :biggrin

Seriously, you might try sitting in the car a while before closing the door and then perhaps leave the windows open when you close the door. I dunno, I've been in some claustrophobic cabins before but I don't think the GT's fits that category. Maybe the door design contributes, I dunno. And I don't think Canadian cars have the big subwoofer so that shouldn't be an issue.

Best of luck with your search and getting comfortable in the cabin! :cheers

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
I'm 6'2/3" and and 220 pounds, some would say athletic! :lol I have no problems fitting in it, so you should be fine.

I was more than happy to pay over list for mine (in the UK) as I have been with other cars - on the basis that I want it, therefore a few bucks more won't make any difference to the enjoyment.

....enjoy!

barondw

GT Owner
Sep 8, 2005
Try sitting in the car with the windows open. There is not doubt that the cockpit is a bit claustrophobic but that's ture of many exotics. The black interior doesn't help either.

But that said it is quite spacious inside, especially the width. Just concentrate on the positive issues and you will enjoy it.

At you height and weight you won't even have to recline the seat back to be comfortable in the car.

ENjoy.

Dave

Pipelion

jamie,

You may be clostrophobic in the cockpit of the GT. That's why Ford instauled a 550 HP motor. The motor causes more fear which overides the clostrophbia, kicking in the adrenal glands producing one great big smile and rush.

This was one of the "Criticle Design Principles", CDP. :bs

Stealers.......You are funny!!! But remember the Steelers won Superbowl XL. XL=40 :biggrin Maybe this is where the stealers thought they could get away with it.

Allan

How about a personal plate 'GTXL'?