Halon system installed with a hockey puck and an elbow brace

H

HHGT

Yes we know all of this... the Cool Tech product is excellent blah, blah, blah, but the Canadians on the Forum want to know if you use hockey pucks on your installs? Hockey tape would probably be okay too.

Don't get me started on Canadians, you guys are sending me to the poor house, just ask your neighbor Trent.:lol

Not 4N

Tungsten GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
Calgary AB
Hey, I just put ink on stuff, the fact you needed it 20 feet long had nothing to do with me I just helped hide some drywall.:biggrin

The hockey pucks work great for insulators as well. I have a set on one of my phase converters so it doesn't sit on concrete. Another good use is the ramp down door on my small car hauler. When the three on the top edge wore out I used a spade bit and recessed the bolts to attach them to the door. Still working great with almost no wear. :thumbsup

I am fortunate enough to get a free re-stock every year as I plow the skating path and rinks behind my house. Amazing how many you find in the snow banks.

Sorry for the divert - back to your regularily scheduled thread.

:cheers
Trent

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
Sorry for the divert - back to your regularily scheduled thread.

Some diversions are better than others!! LOL.

Sorry to all for my previous rant...

Puck usages MUCH more interesting!!

Simon

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 19, 2013
Houston
Having trouble installing the bottle clamp thru the aluminum bracket once all is bolted together and I can't bolt on bracket to frame if clamp in place. Help

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Having trouble installing the bottle clamp thru the aluminum bracket once all is bolted together and I can't bolt on bracket to frame if clamp in place. Help

Use Allen Head (hex) or Torx Bolts?

GT35065

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Just out of curiosity, what holds the puck in place under the Safecraft bottle?

Simon

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 19, 2013
Houston
Not using Allen or torx.

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
Put the band clamp through FIRST. Then, put the button-head stainless bolts in. You may need to shorten a 90-degree Allen key to hold them while you tighten the nut.

Simon

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 19, 2013
Houston
TY Kendall!!

MTV8

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 24, 2010
Houston Texas
Just out of curiosity, what holds the puck in place under the Safecraft bottle?

There is a hole in the frame rail directly below the bottle where you can tap a screw into the puck from below. No movement at all since installation.