Hallet Raceway Park - 3/29/08

Toolman

Mar 30, 2008
Met one of your fine members there last Saturday. It was quite cold, so tires needed some time to warm up, but all in all, it was a great day. I bought a CD of pics from an onsite vendor, and included in those pics were some of the blue/silver GT that was participating (DPGT I believe). I thought you guys might like to see a pic or two.

311231474.jpg

311231129.jpg

S592R

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
yes that was me..... glad you guys had a great time also.

ItsOnlyMoney

Heritage GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 18, 2006
Celina, Tx
So, Steve .... did you pass the Taurus or did he pass you. Looking at the order the pics were posted, you got passed :frown:lol

tpraceman

THEE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 20, 2006
Washington Michigan
So, Steve .... did you pass the Taurus or did he pass you. Looking at the order the pics were posted, you got passed :frown:lol

Oh that hurts:rofl

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
Hey leave my pal Steve alone!!! I'm sure it was an SHO Taurus. We know how fast they can be. This makes the Ford GT the second fastest production car Ford has made. SHO SHO SHO

Toolman

Mar 30, 2008

Oh that hurts:rofl

Hey leave my pal Steve alone!!! I'm sure it was an SHO Taurus. We know how fast they can be. This makes the Ford GT the second fastest production car Ford has made. SHO SHO SHO

Haha, I guess I did not pay attention to what order I posted those pics in! I think that was even two different sessions. My SHO (at least with me driving) was only turning 1:41-1:43's that day, a good bit slower than the heavy duty machinary on the track. But, I do have an upcoming track-day weapon that should be able to run with the big boys pretty well. It may make it out by mid-summer. Hoping to be able to run in the 1:35 area with it.

S592R

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
OK smarta$$es I was working (passing-forward) through the traffic on the track ... it was wet & cold on street tries so I was running in third all the way around the track. Hit 125 at the end of the straight a few times. Day two it rained hard and every session someone was dumping oil or steering fluid on the track so I after two sessions I parked the GT and drove a Spec Racer Ford. What a drop in HP between the two but the SPF was fun.

Now both of you HAVE to come to the Shelby meet and run your cars on the track since you where brave enough to talk trash and you are to local to say its too much of a drive. :biggrin

Automotive8r

Feb 8, 2007

Looks like the pass caused his #5 to get knocked crooked too!!

S592R

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
Looks like the pass caused his #5 to get knocked crooked too!!

:rofl

Did that so when I looked at the photos that the track photographer took I could tell which session it was. BTW. If you ever run at Hallett the photos this guy takes are incredible! Resolution of the camera he uses is beyond first rate. Had him do a poster of 1076 for my son that he loves. The weather this last weekend was just poor and the light was terrible or I would have done the same this time. I am glad that I went since I now have a better feeling about driving the car in the wet on the street than before and am happy that recovering from the car getting loose is getting easier for me personally.

ItsOnlyMoney

Heritage GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 18, 2006
Celina, Tx
Now both of you HAVE to come to the Shelby meet and run your cars on the track since you where brave enough to talk trash and you are to local to say its too much of a drive. :biggrin

Well, my no driving talent, never seen boost, always in closed loop mode self knows better than to get on the track. :willy I'd probably get lapped by the taurus to. :eek

Not sure if I'm bringing the car to Tulsa, I'd hate to have to take it out of it's bubble :wink

Maybe they'll let me put my hot rod Dodge diesel on the track.

David

Kip Ewing

CF Vendor
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 23, 2007
Suburban Detroit
Heck, we let a Cayenne run with us once...
Of course, we made him leave his boat trailer in the paddock...

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
:rofl

Did that so when I looked at the photos that the track photographer took I could tell which session it was. BTW. If you ever run at Hallett the photos this guy takes are incredible! Resolution of the camera he uses is beyond first rate. Had him do a poster of 1076 for my son that he loves. The weather this last weekend was just poor and the light was terrible or I would have done the same this time. I am glad that I went since I now have a better feeling about driving the car in the wet on the street than before and am happy that recovering from the car getting loose is getting easier for me personally.

Miata??? Okay, mebbe I "give" you the Taurus out of brand loyalty. But, you couldn't get 'round a Miata?:frown

We need to talk...:slap

Toolman

Mar 30, 2008
Fastes car of the day (in HST anyway) was a Civic hatch with a GSR engine swap. Hew as consistently 1-2 seconds quicker per lap than the nex fastest, a modded C5. Hallet is not a big HP track. More like a large Auto-X course!

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Fastes car of the day (in HST anyway) was a Civic hatch with a GSR engine swap. Hew as consistently 1-2 seconds quicker per lap than the nex fastest, a modded C5. Hallet is not a big HP track. More like a large Auto-X course!

Ya. DBK nailed it when he said (somewhere on wunna these threads) that he could outrun a GT on a bicycle if the course was TIGHT enough.

S592R

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
Hallett is a tight technical track where the GT is hampered by not being able to apply power .... even worse in the wet.:willy:willy:willy But its a great place to get to know the car because of that. To be honest the lotus is faster by about 4 seconds a lap on drive pavement. Either way on dry pavement the Gt turns a 1:33-1:36 lap with this bald guy in the drivers seat.

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
DPGT
What did you use to keep your number on during the track event????

S592R

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
those are the temp roundels that we did late last year as a group buy. They are made out of the same material that they use to wrap buses etc. just double laminated.

If you are interested send me a pm.