GT size

esco256

GT Owner
Feb 10, 2009
Hi,
I'm from switzerland and I actually in the way to take back a car from US.
The GT will arrived in Rotterdam very soon and I'll have to take it back to geneva with my own an other car I have to know the exact size of the car. I need the width from outside of a tire to outside of the other.
For the length I need the same tire to tire dimension!!
I'm sorry to anoid you with this question but I really need these dimension!!ü

Thanks everybody for your nice forum:thumbsup
sorry for my horrible english:ack

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Wheelbase = 106.7 inches

Length = 182.8

Width = 76.9

Track f/r = 63.0/ 63.7

(Height = 44.3!)

:thumbsup :cheers

Last edited:

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
I need the width from outside of a tire to outside of the other.

In the rear, this outside edge of tire to outside edge of tire is 77".

Leading edge of the front tire to trailing edge of the rear tire is 133".

(Obviously contact patch to contact patch would be shorter than this.)

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Why can't you guys think in European? They need numbers in the metric system.

Esco, 2.54 cm to an inch. The width will be 195.58 cm, length will be 337.82 cm.

Welcome to the club. Frank

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Obviously, in Switzerland -

Size Matters!​

esco256

GT Owner
Feb 10, 2009
Thank's for your answer!
I lived 6 month in san diego (You can't see it with my horrible syntax:ack)so I'm used to this strange measurment:wink
I need a last thing... Somebody know how many Inches (or centimeters:lol) is
the bottom of the front bumper from the ground with stock suspension and the stock wheels (the optional ones 18''front and 19''rear.)
Thank you :thumbsup

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Thank's for your answer!
I lived 6 month in san diego (You can't see it with my horrible syntax:ack)so I'm used to this strange measurment:wink
I need a last thing... Somebody know how many Inches (or centimeters:lol) is
the bottom of the front bumper from the ground with stock suspension and the stock wheels (the optional ones 18''front and 19''rear.)
Thank you :thumbsup

I just happened to be in the garage when I saw your post. 5 1/4 inches to the bottom of the front splitter.

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
I just happened to be in the garage when I saw your post. 5 1/4 inches to the bottom of the front splitter.

That's 13.34 centimeters... (Frank)

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Thank you Ralphie for making that hard calculation. Esco, make sure you have some one meter boards (wood) to load it onto the ramps. Be more careful with the REAR valance rather than the front. The front is cheap to replace versus the rear which is very expensive.

esco256

GT Owner
Feb 10, 2009
Thank for te advise..So can I have the rear height too please:willy
I have to meters ramps to put the car on... I hope it will be ok.
I heard that a tow hook makes the operation a lot easier... Is the GT have one of these??

Last question: I will be 100 times easier for me to take te car back on the road but the ex owner needs these customs plates.. I just wan't to know if I can do some copy of these customs license plates somewhere (he will not use his other car in the same time than me!:banana)

Thank you to all the board

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Esco, tow hook is in the front trunk (boot, bonnet) attached to the tire inflator. It attaches to the front grill in the top, driver's side corner. You will see the hole for it when you look. It screws in. Be careful about the winch line you use, becasue it may catch the bumper and do some damage. Don't know the height of the rear diffuser cause I'm not near my car. Frank

Viper

FORD GT OWNER - U.K.
Aug 9, 2008
Kent UK
All I can add is that I put mine in a covered trailer today and it was eye-wateringly close.

I bought an alll singing and dancing covered trailer, the longest and widest I could find.

Length obviously no problem but the width on those non folding mirrors was millimeter close.

Made it worse the fact that I had to reverse on obviously because of the weight distribution . A rearward winch would have helped.

Still job done.....good luck

esco256

GT Owner
Feb 10, 2009
Thank you everybody, I finally take the car back on the road!!:thumbsup