Gt Joeys Take On Rally Iii

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Just 3 years ago we packed the family a life size cardboard of Camillo and a red gt book fromlarry edsal that we hoped might be signed from one or any of the Ford icons in the book. Fast forward to today and looking back, the friendships dbk,bony and all the rest. Hitting the 3,ooo mile mark in my gt laughing with now a close friend FRED GOODNOW as we pass the hoover dam.Driving through the desert at 120 miles per hour, meeting kip ewing once again and the largest gathering of gtx 1 's in the world. Off to shelby's sitting in work horse 1 going over the details with Mark M. Discussing shock packages with Alex Z. Contemplating another 1 off painting with Camillo. Maybe its me, but is there any other manufacturer that is creating this same family/history as we speak. I dont think so, HOW ABOUT THE FACT THAT JUST AS THE BARN MEETS AT MY HOUSE THAT OVER 60 PERCENT OF THE ATTENDEE'S ARE NEWBEES :thumbsup. Yes im more excited than most as our new addition is on the truck, its not the car as much as it is OUR RESPONSIBILITY TO KEEP THE GT FLAME GOING. Lee, Doug and I have now cemented a lifetime friendship, with wives included :thumbsup Its all a part of this wonderful GT group.:thumbsup CANT EXPLAIN IT, WOULDNT EVEN TRY ?
JUST HAPPY AND HUMBLED TO BE APART OF THE HISTORY. THANKS EVERYONE GTJOEY 1314 FOR LIFE:thumbsup

Nardo GT

Jul 15, 2006
Texas
Me as well Joey! I still can't believe that I have been chosen to be the custodian of the Yellow Nardo car. You know we are only the custodians of everything in life and really OWN nothing. I am truly blessed to have met so many wonderful people. Life is good.

Blue Moose

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Chandler,Arizona.
You Started It!

+1:thumbsup Glad you were there this year GTJOEY. Just would not have been the same without you.

Remember Rally 1 dinner? That's where the auction started (now a tradition) when you and your son graciously offered to auction your rally 1 banner. An impromptu auction started with Les as the auctioneer and the proceeds going to charity. We won the bid for that banner; proudly display it in our home and have great memories of that rally every time we see all the signatures on it.

We since have a banner from every rally and it reminds us of all the fantastic people we have met along the way.

Who knew such a gesture would lead to such a great tradition.:thumbsup

And congratulations on your winning bid this year!

Last edited:

red gt 1442

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 23, 2005
NY Metro Area
Me as well Joey! I still can't believe that I have been chosen to be the custodian of the Yellow Nardo car. You know we are only the custodians of everything in life and really OWN nothing. I am truly blessed to have met so many wonderful people. Life is good.

Prowler,

I do want to congratulate you on a fine purchase. It would of been unfair to have both these cars reside in one place... so in the aftermath of the auction, I am glad that someone on the left coast ( or near by) has one of the 3 greatest cars we care about. The NARDO car, is a very special car.

Gino

Not 4N

Tungsten GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
Calgary AB
Congratulations my friends:thumbsup and as Prowler said we are only custodians - let me know if any of you need any display boards to tell her storey.

A great car in the hands of a great trio :thumbsup

:cheers
Trent

ps I say we show up at Prowler's place for rides like Mark was giving at the track :banana

Nardo GT

Jul 15, 2006
Texas
Congratulations my friends:thumbsup and as Prowler said we are only custodians - let me know if any of you need any display boards to tell her storey.

A great car in the hands of a great trio :thumbsup

:cheers
Trent

ps I say we show up at Prowler's place for rides like Mark was giving at the track :banana

Bring it on! TEXAS RALLY IV!!

ItsOnlyMoney

Heritage GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 18, 2006
Celina, Tx
Not sure it'd be the same at 5 mph :willy

That's the first thing we'd have to fix. :biggrin

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
Not sure it'd be the same at 5 mph :willy

That's the first thing we'd have to fix. :biggrin

That's a 2 second fix, I have the tools here in my bag :wink

jsalomon

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 20, 2006
Newport Beach, CA
Just 3 years ago we packed the family a life size cardboard of Camillo and a red gt book fromlarry edsal that we hoped might be signed from one or any of the Ford icons in the book. Fast forward to today and looking back, the friendships dbk,bony and all the rest. Hitting the 3,ooo mile mark in my gt laughing with now a close friend FRED GOODNOW as we pass the hoover dam.Driving through the desert at 120 miles per hour, meeting kip ewing once again and the largest gathering of gtx 1 's in the world. Off to shelby's sitting in work horse 1 going over the details with Mark M. Discussing shock packages with Alex Z. Contemplating another 1 off painting with Camillo. Maybe its me, but is there any other manufacturer that is creating this same family/history as we speak. I dont think so, HOW ABOUT THE FACT THAT JUST AS THE BARN MEETS AT MY HOUSE THAT OVER 60 PERCENT OF THE ATTENDEE'S ARE NEWBEES :thumbsup. Yes im more excited than most as our new addition is on the truck, its not the car as much as it is OUR RESPONSIBILITY TO KEEP THE GT FLAME GOING. Lee, Doug and I have now cemented a lifetime friendship, with wives included :thumbsup Its all a part of this wonderful GT group.:thumbsup CANT EXPLAIN IT, WOULDNT EVEN TRY ?
JUST HAPPY AND HUMBLED TO BE APART OF THE HISTORY. THANKS EVERYONE GTJOEY 1314 FOR LIFE:thumbsup

Joey,

I couldn't agree more! As the proud owner of the "PB2-1" car, (the last pre-production car ever built before production), I feel very honored. The three of us with pre-production cars should stay in touch and maybe show all three cars some time soon:cheers

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
Prowler when are we going to have a viewing party in Temple? You should be able to kill the 5mph problem with a SCT handheld tuner. I had a diablo for my svt cobra. It pulled the factory tune into the device and replaced it with their tune. We need to plan something as soon as Spirit can get his ride back together.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
I am available anytime for the Nardo car !!!
GT joey , Gino ,Doug and all my other Gt friends ,There is no passion that compares to the owners ,and all involved in the GT program !!
I feel blessed to have a Gt and the friends I have made !!
Well said Joey !!!!
GTs rule everything !everything else drools !!
Rally on dude!!!