Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Good one Wally.

AlohaGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 13, 2007
Honolulu, HI
Wally, interesting write up and good photos, thanks. Too bad you didn't bring your FGT!

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Great write up and Pics !! Thanks for sharing !!

cobrar1339

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 2, 2006
Diamond Bar, Ca
Here is a cheezy time warp pic, bet it didn't look much different back then.

Attachments

• IMG_8966s.jpg
    IMG_8966s.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 212

cobrar1339

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 2, 2006
Diamond Bar, Ca
Wally, interesting write up and good photos, thanks. Too bad you didn't bring your FGT!

I know, I am all juiced up now Kingman tells me it's supposed to rain this weekend, so I now know how the boys in the NE feel:bored

TallCarGuy

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 2, 2006
Santa Ynez, California
The GT School

Cobrar1339,

Thanks so much for the GT School report. It was a bit crazy for me all day, but I think all the students will get a kick out of the coverage on Speed Channel. That show will be aired on April 7th, 2008. Special thanks to Paula Re (our flag person and all around helper), Neil Hannemann (head driving instructor), Shelby Thompson (our busy mechanic) any everyone that helped make this a successful day. It appeared that everybody got plenty of track time, and everybody expressed an interest in coming to our next event.

Hopefully we will be able to set up another GT School in September. I'll let everybody know as things progress. I'll see if I can set it up for a week or so before the Silver State Classic Challenge in Nevada (Sept. 18th-21st).

Richard Hille
The GT School
2005 Ford GT #916
NEW GT40

Last edited:

AlohaGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 13, 2007
Honolulu, HI
Cobrar1339,

Thanks so much for the GT School report. It was a bit crazy for me all day, but I think all the students will get a kick out of the coverage on Speed Channel. That show will be aired on April 7th, 2008. Special thanks to Paula Re (our flag person and all around helper), Neil Hannemann (head driving instructor), Shelby Thompson (our busy mechanic) any everyone that helped make this a successful day. It appeared that everybody got plenty of track time, and everybody expressed an interest in coming to our next event.

Hopefully we will be able to set up another GT School in September. I'll let everybody know as things progress. I'll see if I can set it up for a week or so before the Silver State Classic Challenge in Nevada (Sept. 18th-21st).

Richard Hille
The GT School
2005 Ford GT #916
NEW GT40

Richard, if you could arrange this around the time of Rally III, I suspect that you'll have good participation. I, for one, will be in.

spetry

Oct 29, 2007
palo alto, ca
Correct: a great time had by all

Wally, thanks for the pictures and the writeup.

However, please don't publicize the date of the next event -- 5 GTs, 9 hours, Willow Springs, hands on instruction. That is my kind of ratio.

Nice job Richard.

Aug 25, 2006
WOW !!

I heard from Scott as he was driving his gal back home and he was on cloud 9He said that the trip, the time and the track, and the great group of folks that he was able to spend time with was far more than he could have anticipated; he had an awesome time.

Scott shared that his gal ran flawlessly and screamed like a gal from days gone past when on the track; he also shared that many folks complimented him on his gal and the manner in which he allowed me to massage her.

Thank you all for your kind words and to Scott for allowing me the opportunity to be a component of his dream realized.

In my world this is what it is all about

Takes care

Shadowman

TallCarGuy

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 2, 2006
Santa Ynez, California
Scott,

Because I want to keep up the level of track time/personal attention, I will be limiting all future GT Schools to a maximum of eight students. I expect, based on conversations with prior students, that at least four of those places will be filled by graduates leaving just a few spots for new people, but I really want to keep the quality up.

Richard Hille
The GT School
2005 Ford GT #916
NEW GT40

Last edited:

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Nice pictures ,thanx.
I just saw the exposed super cars piece on speed .nice!
question ,what tire pressures are you running with the Hoosiers cold and hot ?

Kirby Vieira

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Atlanta
Great stuff. Thanks for sharing. :cheers

TallCarGuy

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 2, 2006
Santa Ynez, California
The GT School

To all Interested Parties,

This time I am trying to give significantly more advanced notice for our next GT School. I am currently holding Monday September 8th as our next school date. That will give those that are interested in running the Silver State Classic Challenge (Sept. 18-21) a chance to tune up before the event. My understanding is that the Ford GT Rally III will be held in Lost Wages (Las Vegas) the weekend after the Silver State.

Some of you are aware, but for the rest of you, in the interest of keeping the personal attention high and the available track time a priority, I have decided to limit the school to the first eight applicants. We will have at least two instructors, Neil Hannemann, the chief engineer of the Ford GT, being the Chief Instructor again.

Please e-mail me at TallCarGuy@aol.com with your school reservations.

Richard Hille
The GT School

MWG

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Northern California
Speed channel footage made it to YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPgzUbwJZ8o

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Thanks for posting it Mike! :)

TallCarGuy

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 2, 2006
Santa Ynez, California
Just a heads up guys,

Four of the eight available positions for the September 8th School are spoken for already. Also, as with the previous schools, I have a smokin' deal available only to students, four standard Ford GT six spoke BBS wheels with mounted and balanced Hoosier R6 tires for $3,200.00. You will never find another deal like that.

Richard Hille
The GT School

Last edited:

BigsGT

Tungsten GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 8, 2006
Austin Texas
My heart just broke. After reading this thread I was pumped at the possibility of participating in such a school. However I'll be in Greece during that time with my daughter, darn it! I will however be back in time for the Rally.

Killer deal on the wheels and tires.