Gt 500 Input Needed

Guys i need your input,i've been looking at Shelbys for a few weeks and came accross one owned by 48 y/o gentleman.He originaly bought car thru dealer by putting a down payment on it and waiting for it to arrive (2007).The car still has plastic wrap in it and has 800 miles on it (white /blue stripes),anyway is asking $38,000 for it.Its obviously all stock and he wants to sell car soon.What do you think?Good deal,in this economy,as a driver,collectable.....?
Thanks,
Bill
S/P

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
NOT A COLLECTABLE, never will be. Great driver. Check Manheim Auction prices....
Check Kelly Blue Book, Manheim on Line, NADA and you will see what they are worth.

on d bit

Jul 20, 2008
maricopa az
if your looking for price you can find them for lower. as bony has said get it to drive not to collect. the other you might want to know is the mach 1000 is pretty heavy. svt list it at 70lbs more than the standard mach 500. the 1000 makes the heavy gt500 even heavier. some want the weight savings some want the tunes. your call on that.

you have a few choices...
find one that has more miles at a lower price. this one has 15k and the are asking 34k in san diego ca. http://www.cars.com/go/search/detai...ional&paId=296249914&recnum=1&leadExists=true
purchase a very low mileage one for a little under 40k.
wait a few months and purchase the new 2010 at or just below msrp. they should be out by june from what i have heard.

also you could find a 09 for just above invoice once the 2010 models hit the lot.

Thanks guys for your input,another reason i asked was about a year ago a friend in Va was trying to buy one and couldn't find one under $45k,so i figured this one at $38k w/800 miles was a decent deal.Anyway,i appreciate your help.
S/P