GT 40 @ Spa

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
Nice Video from 2008 of 1966 GT 40 at a track day at Spa.

http://www.break.com/usercontent/2009/5/ford-gt-40-drive-at-spa-francorchamps-onboard-737079.html

Very cool race track--someday I'd love to get there and go play.

doogie48084

Mar 21, 2007
Taylor Michigan
It was thrilling just to see what the camcorder recorded! Wow.:thumbsup

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
what a awesome race track

djs

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 7, 2007
Interesting how prominent on the windshield the single wiper is. Makes me wonder if most other vids of '40s have the wiper removed.

luxgt

GT Owner
Jun 21, 2009
luxemburg europe
any GT owners interested in meeting each other at SPA?

Would be great to discuss, drive and make movies from car to car
let me know if some are interested

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
any GT owners interested in meeting each other at SPA?

My plan for our illfated 2008 group trip to the Le Mans Classic was to go to the Nürburgring and to Spa while the rest of the group dillydallied to Monaco and the Ferrari factory. If we ever get together for a future trip, that will still be my plan.

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
My plan for our illfated 2008 group trip to the Le Mans Classic was to go to the Nürburgring and to Spa while the rest of the group dillydallied to Monaco and the Ferrari factory. If we ever get together for a future trip, that will still be my plan.

I met the fellow that has the on-track driving school at both the Ring and at Spa. According to him, the GT is way too soft for the German track --at racing speed anyway. He suggested renting one of the school race cars or track cars for the Nurburgring. and do it on a day when the track is closed to the public.

However, he said the GT is perfectly suited to Spa, and strongly suggested spending two days there -- playing very safely and having a great time.

I'm still "in" for a GT Adventure to Europe.