Good brakes

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
I know we know..... last night at 8pm I was out in the GT doing 60mph on a country lane - it was safe. Guess what I met coming around the corner on the wrong side of the road? A truck! He was on the phone...... :thumbsdow

Slammed on brakes and horn, pulled 6 inches to my left (we drive on the left) and missed him by a couple of inches.

I was a bit too shaken to get out and deck him and instead drove on impressed at how quickly (and well) the GT responds to precise driver input.

EasyEric

GT Owner
Mar 6, 2006
Florida and Georgia USA
Nice reflexes Neil.

Did you get the license plate number of the truck?

Eric

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Neilda said:
I know we know..... last night at 8pm I was out in the GT doing 60mph on a country lane - it was safe. Guess what I met coming around the corner on the wrong side of the road? A truck! He was on the phone...... :thumbsdow

Slammed on brakes and horn, pulled 6 inches to my left (we drive on the left) and missed him by a couple of inches.

I was a bit too shaken to get out and deck him and instead drove on impressed at how quickly (and well) the GT responds to precise driver input.

...moments like that are meant for DEPENDS EXTRA CAPACITY :biggrin
Glad it ended with no damage to your GT

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
Didn't get his number - I'm not sure I'd have been able to do anything with it if I did have it.

Just glad my beautiful car survived, I would have been heart-broken.