God speed to my dog Bandit - the worlds fastest dog

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
He did 225,000 miles in all 5 of my trucks over the course of his 12 years and 3 weeks of life. He did 10,000 miles in my 2004 Corvette ZO6. He did 5,000 miles in my 2001 Viper ACR and went 130 mph in it. He did 1,000 miles in my Ford GT and went 175 mph last September. He had lived the last 3 years of his life on heart medicine for a bad heart valve. On Wednesday morning it appeared to me that he had a stroke. I put him into my 2001 Camaro SS and raced down the i-10 freeway on the west side of Phoenix at 150 mph on the way to the doggie emergency hospital. Unfortunately he died of a heart attack at 150 mph on the race track like my hero Dale Earnhardt. The pic of him sitting next to my Camaro was taken when he was 2 years old. As you can see in this pic I took of him 3 years ago that would be a Bible next to his ear on the table. The Bible is very clear that animals are in heaven. As it mentions in many places this. In fact when Jesus comes back to earth next time the bible says that he will be riding a white horse in the sky. I will be getting another Shetland Sheepdog like Bandit here in a couple of months. He will be joining the 200 mph club in my Ford GT or the Ferrari and Lamborghini that i plan to buy in the future. +++bendpak_zpsd81bb62f.jpg20210708_180548.jpg

Last edited:

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
I just wrapped his collar around the roll cage in my Camaro. It will stay there forever and never come off. I forgot to mention; one night in December of 2014 Bandit was riding shotgun in the passenger seat of my 2001 Ford Lightning when i fell asleep at the wheel. I nodded off and woke up but since I was only 5 miles from home I rolled down the windows and blasted the stereo to stay awake. Bad idea!!! I fell asleep again and missed goin off a 50 foot bridge by 100 feet. I hit the curb at 55 mph and it ripped the whole right front passenger side wheel and A-arm off. I woke up when I crossed the sidewalk and cut an 8 inch wide and 10 foot tall mesquite tree in half. This caved in the windshield and a little bit of the roof. when the passenger side airbag came out i took my hands off the wheel and caught Bandit in my arms as he was getting ejected out my drivers side window. Can you say Carrie Underwood and JESUS take the wheel?!? We ran over some big ass landscape boulders and stopped when we hit head on to the side of a hill and that is when my airbag came out. So Bandit got hit twice by 2 different airbags. We walked away unharmed as I had my seat belt on but the truck was totalled. He did not want to get in another vehicle with me for 2 months after that... 20240301_092838.jpg

Last edited:

GT@50

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 14, 2019
Issaquah
Sucks loosing a buddy. Sorry about this. RIP

Reactions: Fast Freddy

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
There are many stories about "A man's best friend is his dog." I was watching an old western - Death Valley Days, whose stories are always "true" (maybe based on fact is a better choice of words). The story was of a lawyer representing a young boy whose dog was shot by a mean old man. (the real story was of a sheep herder). Anyway, the lawyer, George Graham Vest, made a closing statement:

Gentlemen of the jury: The best friend a man has in this world may turn against him and become his enemy. His son or daughter that he has reared with loving care may prove ungrateful. Those who are nearest and dearest to us, those whom we trust with our happiness and our good name, may become traitors to their faith. The money that a man has, he may lose. It flies away from him, perhaps when he needs it the most. A man's reputation may be sacrificed in a moment of ill-considered action. The people who are prone to fall on their knees to do us honor when success is with us may be the first to throw the stone of malice when failure settles its cloud upon our heads. The one absolutely unselfish friend that a man can have in this selfish world, the one that never deserts him and the one that never proves ungrateful or treacherous is his dog.
Gentlemen of the jury: A man's dog stands by him in prosperity and in poverty, in health and in sickness. He will sleep on the cold ground, where the wintry winds blow and the snow drives fiercely, if only he may be near his master's side. He will kiss the hand that has no food to offer, he will lick the wounds and sores that come in encounters with the roughness of the world. He guards the sleep of his pauper master as if he were a prince. When all other friends desert, he remains. When riches take wings and reputation falls to pieces, he is as constant in his love as the sun in its journey through the heavens.
If fortune drives the master forth an outcast in the world, friendless and homeless, the faithful dog asks no higher privilege than that of accompanying him to guard against danger, to fight against his enemies, and when the last scene of all comes, and death takes the master in its embrace and his body is laid away in the cold ground, no matter if all other friends pursue their way, there by his graveside will the noble dog be found, his head between his paws, his eyes sad but open in alert watchfulness, faithful and true even to death.

He won the case and the judge awarded $50 to the owner of the dog. He also won on appeal...

PS. Ronald Reagan played Vest in the show.

PILOTJPW1

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Maryland
Sorry for your loss. Boy that dog will be sharing some awesome stories in heaven. Live it up.

Joe Dozzo

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 22, 2006
Canon City, CO
Deepest sympathies. Wonderful write up, brought tears to me eyes.

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
Well, dang 😕

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
I have been divorced for 13 years now and unfortunately at 57 years of age I have no kids. My dog is my baby and my best friend and my whole world. The following is what life has taught me > it is better to be single and alone than to be married to the wrong woman. As for dogs it is better to have a dog with problems than no dog at all. Unlike a woman a dogs love for you is unconditional. In fact they will give their life for you to save yours.

At 9 years of age Bandit was diagnosed with the following problems when I moved to the Phoenix area from Tucson and got a new veterinarian; bad heart valve and got medicine for that. Enlarged prostate so he had to be neutered at 9 years old and then a bad gall bladder which had to be removed at 10 years old (15-20% chance of death as a result). Arthritis and hip dysplasia for which he he got doggie ibuprofen. Finally cataracts in the eyes (more or less blind ar night) and 75% deaf when died. I poured my heart and soul into him over the last 3 years of his life and spent $500 a month keeping him alive. All of this was a result of bad breeding. More than likely he was inbred. It took a huge toll on me as i loved him more than any woman ever including my own mother. He was my second sheltie and I now know the difference between a good breeder and a bad breeder. I would give my Ford GT away if it could bring him back to life...

Last edited:

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
So sorry to hear of your loss. Even though we know dogs will live a fraction of our lives, it's never easy to bid them goodbye. On the bright side, several more dogs will have the privilege of riding shotgun with you.

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Sorry for your loss. Dogs are the absolute BEST. I lost my 11 year old golden retriever Josie last year. Miss her every day. Take care.

mmlcobra

GT Owner
May 25, 2013
Been there, done that!
RIP nice doggie!!!!!
Mark

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
I know how bad it hurts. Been there many times.

I just hope they’re all waiting for us when our time comes.

Reactions: Fast Freddy and KJD

Twturbo

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 28, 2022
Upland SoCal
Yea i feel for you & at least it sounds like he really enjoyed life & cruising with Dad ,my little guy is the same loves to cruise with me in the cars

steved57

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 29, 2008
kilgore tx
Sorry for your loss - we love our pups and had to put one down couple months ago - it's tough

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
So I was just looking at the photo gallery on my phone and I realized that the first pic I took of Bandits collar is right next to the iron cross sticker on the back window of my camaro. Just like his ear was touching the bible in the other pic. I posted the second collar pic i took in the above post because I had zoomed in and turned the cameras light on and you could see it better. Anyway, those collar pix were taken just a couple of hours after he died. Clearly this is a sign from God that he is with Jesus. I did not need a sign as the legendary movie cowboy Tom Mix's horse "Tony the wonder horse" dying two years after his death on the same day he died was all the sign I needed.

My great grandfather homesteded a 640 acre farm on the border of New Mexico and Texas around 1900 and my grandfather was born there in 1908. I learned how to drive by myself at 8 years old and at 12 years old they turned me loose by myself with a International Harvester tractor to plow the ground with a hamy and a one way. I would work 12 hours a day. At 16 years old I harvested the wheat with a gleaner combine. We had 240 holsteen dairy cows, chickens, hogs and cats and of course a dog.

My sister told me 15 years ago that when I was really young that she and somebody else left me alone with Smokey our Border Collie for a long time and that it was too long. She seemed to think this was bad for me but I am not sure that it was? I have a picture of me standing next to Smokey when i was 2 years old so that is probably when this happened. Anyway I have noticed since then that only people that have a relationship with a dog like I have are people with service animals...

20240301_092828.jpg

Last edited: