Gauges not working

RADGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 31, 2006
Connecticut
My guages seem to not work consistently. I figured it was the battery since the car is a 2005 from 6/05 and I bought it new 9/06 so it was sitting around for a while. When the battery was dead, I jumped it w/ my booster and it ran fine but guages did not work(initially just the gas guage). I took it for a ride and when I restarted it the next day everything was fine so I figured the battery had gotten enough charge from my ride. Well, I hooked up a bettery tender and the light was green on the unit indicating ttthe battery is charged and in storage mode. When I started the car, none of the guages worked. Took it for a ride to get gas. When I restarted the guages all worked again. Any ideas?

Stu

dbtgt

One lucky SOB to own a GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 4, 2006
Tulsa, Oklahoma
There are a lot of previous posts on this subject. Basically, you need to reset your fault codes with an OBD II computer and make sure your battery stays charged with a battery tender.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Check the battery ground also.

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
Check the battery ground also.

Second that. Check both the positive and negative terminals at the battery and make sure they are good and tight.

GFORCE

GT Owner
Jan 14, 2006
I just got #2 a new 05.

Same thing happen to me.The question is i did hook the tender but does
the green lite come on after its fully charged,Because when i pluged the tender in i expected to see the lite or something to show its doing something
is this normal?

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
The question is i did hook the tender but does the green lite come on after its fully charged, Because when i pluged the tender in i expected to see the lite or something to show its doing something[/QUOTE

GFORCE - A genuine, name-brand, Battery Tender product will have a status light to indicate what it is doing. A green light means that the Battery Tender is in "monitoring" mode and no charge is being applied. However, you may be referring to the stock float charger that comes with the car. This is not a Battery Tender product, but rather an inexpensive (but effective) alternative. It does not have any status lights. If you prefer to upgrade, I sell genuine Battery Tender chargers customized for application to the GT.

RADGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 31, 2006
Connecticut
In checking the battery ground, where should it run from and to?

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
No, just make sure it's tight on the battery. Some cars have been delivered with loose cables at the terminal. check for wiggle and then tighten.