tpraceman

THEE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 20, 2006
Washington Michigan
Frustrated to no end

Hello GT friends and brothers.

I regret even posting this but I want to be clear.

I will not be able to be at the Rally.
This has been a really tough desicion as I wanted to be at every event and it seems life throws curve balls at me like I am a left handed batter for the Tigers:eek

I even took delivery of a new decked out Silver 40' trailer with 42" plasma and even a head. Fully AC and self contained power to hold the Black & Silver FGT which is pulled by my Silver F-350 Dually. Our family's home and 39' foot Searay parked on lake Mead is gassed and ready.:shrug

As most of you know I build marking systems to mark everything from cars to golf clubs. The company is doing well and has weathered the onslaught of bad econmic news year after year. So we are blessed, however I feel dedicated to all my people and keeping them in tall cotton as my priority. Taking even a few days off could tip the scales in the wrong direction. We now fight for every order and deal with over stress down sized companies and more often than not those who cannot pay for what they purchase. Me I am ok but I have a super dedicated crew that goes the extra mile for me. And so as much as I want to disapear and laugh and play with our grown up toys and friends I must stay and keep the midnight oil burning.

I feel like a kid whos' sick on his birthday:frown

Tom

Last edited:

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Such a sullen post for #1000. We all have to make priorities sometimes. Just give me your bidders number for the three factory car auction. I'll do you proud!

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
Very sorry to hear of this. Wish there was something we could do to help.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Take care of your business 1st, and everything else will take care of itself .
Smart choice .We will see you next year !!!
I'll try to save you some memorabilia if you like .

Indy GT

Yea, I got one...too
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 14, 2006
Greenwood, IN
Tom-
Sorry to hear but you are doing the right thing.
There will be other events!
We will keep the light on for you next time.

skyrex

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 11, 2008
Lake Las Vegas, Henderson, NV
Man, it is refreshing to see someone speak so well of the people who work for them as well as show them consideration. :thumbsup

Good Karma will be coming back to you ten fold. :cheers

GT Tech

Ford GT Team Alumni
Aug 13, 2006
Kingman, Arizona
Really sorry you can't make it. :frown I was looking forward to seeing you.
I hope you can make it for at least a day or two for S.E.M.A. in November.

You must be a great guy to work for, but NO, I'm not coming back to the ice box to work for you!

ViperJoe

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 17, 2006
Washington Crossing, PA
You deserve an A in Life 101. You should be very proud of yourself.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Gee Tom, you will be missed, sorry to get this news!

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
gee Tom, You Will Be Missed, Sorry To Get This News!

100%

Jason's Auto Spa

May 22, 2007
IL & AZ
Tom,

The way you run your business is truly admirable. Your generosity is rare and doesn't go unnoticed. You're doing the right thing and although you may miss out on some immediate gratification, it will be worth it in the long run and make Rally IV even better for you.

Now tell me about this Silver FGT :eek

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
It's probably a wise decision to have taken. Seeing the boss take off on a jolly when times are tight is not a good thing - and the fact you recognised this will, I am sure, be appreciated by all.

Hope the economic situation improves - for all of us! :ack

tpraceman

THEE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 20, 2006
Washington Michigan
Thanks what a great bunch guys.

I am so greatful to be part of this comunity. Without sounding well er ahh mushy. I have learned a bunch at this site both in lifes lessons, business, politics, health, humor without be rank, and most of all how to better appreciate our GT's and those who drive them.

My goal is not to break a long (16 year) tradition where I donate 15% of the employees gross pay into their 410K plan. Last year was close and this year is going to be very close as our fiscal is 9-30-08.

Thanks again everyone and stay safe while still having fun.