Ford Racing--yes!!

road racer

GT Owner
May 22, 2007
Franklin, TN
I decided that any company capable of building such an engineering marvel as the GT is a company that I was ready to go racing with. So I just completed the purchase of a Ford racing team that fields 2 cars in the NASCAR Busch (Nationwide) Series and one car in the ARCA series. (See www.Brewco.com) The team name change will be announced soon. We're currently in the process of relocating the entire operation to Nashville, Music City, USA which explains why I've been absent from the Forum lately.
The Busch/Nationwide cars:
#27 sponsored primarily by Kimberly-Clark (Kleenex, Viva, Scott towels, etc)
and secondarily by Carino's Italian Grill restaurants
#37 sponsored secondarily by the US Postal Service and primarily
by......well, still looking. If you know of a company that wants to
quickly boost its market share, let me know. DBK, it's for the good
of Ford racing, so I hope that it's not solicitation.
Ford is a major contributor to the team and the inside Ford racing people are great to work with. Have had several discussions already concerning the GT.
IN '09 the Nationwide series will switch to the Mustang body. I can only wish that NASCAR would let us run the GT body....well, we can all dream. That would get the Chevy, Dodge, and Toyota guys screaming.
So, at Daytona pull for the FORD numbers 27 and 37. At least there's a GT family connection.
Oh, and don't forget to send a sponsor our way.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Wow. That's a heck of a purchase :lol

:cheers

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Congrats on the purchase. Sounds like fun. Are you looking for drivers? :wink:lol

gtinmyblood

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 23, 2007
Mesa Az/Aspen Co
Congrats! That's very exciting! Wish I could spare the cash to sponsor! Might be interested in a small decal spot though.

DHTAX1

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2006
Tulsa Oklahoma area
Congrats on your purchase. I noticed that one of your drivers is Jamie McMurray. I have raced enduro and sprint karts against him for several years before he moved on and found him to be very competitive. The Daytona race is around the corner for us as well (3.5 mile road course in December). Good luck and keep us posted on your team.

Kirby Vieira

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Atlanta
Now that's pretty damn cool. :cheers

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
Congrats - looks like you're having fun. let me know when you hit NC!

Fords4life351

Permanent Vacation
Mar 22, 2006
Colton, CA
Any updates on the race team? Also wanted to commend you for purchasing a Ford Racing team, First On Race Day :biggrin:thumbsup

road racer

GT Owner
May 22, 2007
Franklin, TN
Up Date

Sorry I've been gone so long...we were testing at Daytona last week. Good test...we were the overall fastest on Sunday and the third fastest of the three day test. There were 44 cars testing. We are headed to Las Vegas for the Nascar Open Test, January 30 and 31.

We will be at Daytona next month with two ARCA teams (Number 8 and Number 47) and the two Nationwide cars (Number 27 and Number 37). Brad Coleman will be driving the 27 car, and my son, Brad Baker will be in the 37 car. You may recoginize Coleman...he drove for Joe Gibbs Racing last year and spent some time in Daytona Prototypes. In the ARCA race, Blake Feese will be driving the 8 car and Brad Baker will be in the 47.

The 27 car is fully sponsored by Kimberly-Clark (Kleenex, etc.) and the 37 is partially sponsored by the US Postal Service. We are still in the process of sponsor searching for the balance of the 37 car.

Envirox will be on the 47 Arca car. Envirox has a very interesting line of products...degreasers and household cleaning agents that do the job, and are environmentally safe without poisoning the user and the household occupants.

So, pull for the FORDS and send us any potential sponsors.
Our plan is to win both races.

AlohaGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 13, 2007
Honolulu, HI
Most impressive - much success!

road racer

GT Owner
May 22, 2007
Franklin, TN
I forgot

I forgot to give an update on the more mundane aspects. The new team name is Baker Curb Racing and we have completed our move to a new 75,000 sq. ft. facility in Nashville, Music City, USA. Some of you Calif. guys may know the name Mike Curb...He was the Republican Lt. Governor back in the day of Jerry Brown. A heavy weight in the music industry and has his own star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. But his best trait is that he is a car racing nut and a good guy. If you come through Nashville (especially if you're in your GT) stop in to see us. Easy to find--one mile off of I-65. See you in Daytona.:thumbsup

AlohaGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 13, 2007
Honolulu, HI
I forgot to give an update on the more mundane aspects. The new team name is Baker Curb Racing and we have completed our move to a new 75,000 sq. ft. facility in Nashville, Music City, USA. Some of you Calif. guys may know the name Mike Curb...He was the Republican Lt. Governor back in the day of Jerry Brown. A heavy weight in the music industry and has his own star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. But his best trait is that he is a car racing nut and a good guy. If you come through Nashville (especially if you're in your GT) stop in to see us. Easy to find--one mile off of I-65. See you in Daytona.:thumbsup

Future Rally? We used to be owned by Gaylord Entertainment Company - owners of the Gaylord Opryland Resort and Grand Ole Opry. I think we can swing a deal there.

road racer

GT Owner
May 22, 2007
Franklin, TN
I like the future Rally idea. Ford is heavily involved with the race team, so I would expect that they might even participate in the hospitality aspect. The only problem would be finding a weekend that the team was not out racing. Of course there are two race dates at the Nashville Superspeedway...so the rally could incorporate a full compliment of garage-pit passes,etc. Could be a good weekend with parade laps on track, etc.
Re Opryland and the Grand Ole Opry, they used to be owned by the NLT Corp. and back in my tax attorney days that corporate family was a client. Almost financed the NASCAR superspeedway I was planning to build here--we were close. At the time I owned the track here and at Bristol, so no problem with getting Cup dates since I already had four dates. Oh well, what could have been.
See you at Daytona and the Rally.

AlohaGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 13, 2007
Honolulu, HI
Rally _ _?

I like the future Rally idea. Ford is heavily involved with the race team, so I would expect that they might even participate in the hospitality aspect. The only problem would be finding a weekend that the team was not out racing. Of course there are two race dates at the Nashville Superspeedway...so the rally could incorporate a full compliment of garage-pit passes,etc. Could be a good weekend with parade laps on track, etc.
Re Opryland and the Grand Ole Opry, they used to be owned by the NLT Corp. and back in my tax attorney days that corporate family was a client. Almost financed the NASCAR superspeedway I was planning to build here--we were close. At the time I owned the track here and at Bristol, so no problem with getting Cup dates since I already had four dates. Oh well, what could have been.
See you at Daytona and the Rally.

So, how about guys? Future Rally in Nashville?

KJRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
SoCal
RoadRacer, will you be out here at the California Speedway later this month?

road racer

GT Owner
May 22, 2007
Franklin, TN
Yes--our Nationwide race is Sat. Feb 23....A first trip to the Calif. track for me personally.