Ford Performance Heritage

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
I think leaving lots of room for the aftermarket is a super wise marketing move. Cost of entry lower and tons of press as each upgrade comes out.

I think it also builds huge brand loyalty. I remember back when GM products were everything to most car guys, primarily because the aftermarket was there in spades helping them build their dreams. Being a Ford guy was a tough road to hoe for a long time. Thankfully SVO came to the rescue and the aftermarket followed.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
And head room for a warranty and durability.....

steved57

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 29, 2008
kilgore tx
Tomorrow's the day

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
So I guess 5 of 5 will show a lot.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Mark, Raj, Jim and Joe are essentially the 4 most powerful people at Ford Motor Company.

The question you have to ask yourself is if you think they'd all sit down for a 5-part YouTube video if it was just about a Mustang derivative...

Please see this thread for the answer:

http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/s...-Performance-Organization?p=384271#post384271

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Looks great Dave! Nice and clean. Working fine on IE and Chrome.

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
where is our friend Jamal in all this?

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
where is our friend Jamal in all this?

Global Performance Vehicle Chief Engineer.

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
Cool, great friend of the FGT crowd!

.... he even bought a few of us dinner in Newport Beach way back when. Nothing tastes better than a free Martini.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Mark, Raj, Jim and Joe are essentially the 4 most powerful people at Ford Motor Company.

The question you have to ask yourself is if you think they'd all sit down for a 5-part YouTube video if it was just about a Mustang derivative...

0:23 "These fun vehicles....and we're just getting started on that."

0:28 "These are very track credible vehicles..."

11-17-14 is not the whole show. It's just the beginning.

Ford-Leadership-at-NAIAS.jpg

Bill Ford, executive chairman, Ford Motor Company, Mark Fields, president and chief executive officer, Joe Hinrichs, executive vice president and president, The Americas, Raj Nair, group vice president and chief technical officer, Global Product Development (L to R) with the new Ford GT, introduced January 12, 2015 at the North American International Auto Show.

Superfly

HERITAGE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 23, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
Gosh that picture makes the car look TINY!!! I love it!!!

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
View attachment 36950

Bill Ford, executive chairman, Ford Motor Company, Mark Fields, president and chief executive officer, Joe Hinrichs, executive vice president and president, The Americas, Raj Nair, group vice president and chief technical officer, Global Product Development (L to R) with the new Ford GT, introduced January 12, 2015 at the North American International Auto Show.

Those are 4 very happy Ford guys. Very Happy.

One more GT grand slam to their credit.